Join for free
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Freebies- There's always a Catch.

I received some CD's from Amazon this afternoon which I'd ordered as a birthday present for a friend. Included in the parcel was a coupon to get a free "Graze" box of nibbles. I went to their site only to find that I had to sign on to get my "free" box.......no thanks. There was also a code to get £10 off any order with a gents clothing company. I went on their site to look for a summer shirt only to find that the cheapest was £30.............I would normally get 3 shirts for that money. As I said, there's always a catch.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 07:12 PM

Re: Freebies- There's always a Catch.

I never trust free offers,maybe my suspicious nature, and i despise the way these companies try to get your data.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 10:08 PM

Re: Freebies- There's always a Catch.

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
As I said, there's always a catch.
Yes, it's to get you to reveal your personal details (e-mail, phone, address etc.)

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I despise the way these companies try to get your data.
Agree, it's all about harvesting data, which has a 'value' and is therefore worth offering 'freebies' but more and more I'm opting out, don't want the rubbish they offer and certainly don't want to be bobarded with e-mails and phone calls.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top