Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 05:54 PM

Important phone call missed

Today i was expecting a important phone call from my Mortgage company ...I sat by the phone ALL day but no phone call ...So I rung them myself ...what did they tell me ...THEY DID call but my phone does not allow anonymous calls (as do the majority of landlines) ..well I know that ...they also have my MOBILE no ...my E mail address...and a finger to press 1470 to override the block ...I now have to wait another 5 days as they have canceled my request ....I rung to complain and the twit on the other end kept asking what do i want them to do....and why am I complaining ...My reply was to speak to a manager as the have not made a genuine effort to provide me with the service I requested ....
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 06:07 PM

Re: Important phone call missed

Hear so much of this lately - I avoid the phone as much as possible due to the lack of service and common sense we are faced with - I bet you are right fed up !
Magic
United States
Magic is female  Magic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 06:15 PM

I do agree with you, Patsy. I believe that common sense is the main factor. I bet if someone missed a payment the company would find a quick way to reach you!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Magic ->
I do agree with you, Patsy. I believe that common sense is the main factor. I bet if someone missed a payment the company would find a quick way to reach you!
Oh yes - been through that and of course they had the payment the whole time, but took weeks to sort out and a lot of stress for me ......
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:14 PM

Oh, so they're doing it on the phone now, that look you get when you confront someone and they go all tight-lipped and try to make you feel like you're in the wrong & making a fuss! Makes you want to thump 'em!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by Magic ->

Yes, I agree with both Magic & Patsy. It reminded me of a funny writing I saw a while back about "what happened to common sense" and where 'he' had gone to

Very frustrating for you UKM. Hope you get it sorted.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 12:25 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
Today i was expecting a important phone call from my Mortgage company ...I sat by the phone ALL day but no phone call ...So I rung them myself ...what did they tell me ...THEY DID call but my phone does not allow anonymous calls (as do the majority of landlines) ..well I know that ...they also have my MOBILE no ...my E mail address...and a finger to press 1470 to override the block ...I now have to wait another 5 days as they have canceled my request ....I rung to complain and the twit on the other end kept asking what do i want them to do....and why am I complaining ...My reply was to speak to a manager as the have not made a genuine effort to provide me with the service I requested ....
Why not turn that anonymous feature off? Seems a daft feature to have as a default.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 07:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why not turn that anonymous feature off? Seems a daft feature to have as a default.
No way Bruce ...Its obvious you have never been on a cold calling list ...you get phone calls at all times from 7am till midnight ...the most I got was 12 calls between 6pm and 10 pm in 1 evening... do I want a loan ...do i want to reclaim my PPI ..do i want to give to a charity, congrats you have won a prize ..the list is endless, I am on the TPS but without a number you cannot report the number ....since i had the bar put on the call dropped bt nearly 90% ....so it stays ...all they got to do is dial 1470 before they enter my number ....
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 08:25 AM

Does that incur a cost ? sounds like it would be useful !
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2014, 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
No way Bruce ...Its obvious you have never been on a cold calling list ...you get phone calls at all times from 7am till midnight ...the most I got was 12 calls between 6pm and 10 pm in 1 evening... do I want a loan ...do i want to reclaim my PPI ..do i want to give to a charity, congrats you have won a prize ..the list is endless, I am on the TPS but without a number you cannot report the number ....since i had the bar put on the call dropped bt nearly 90% ....so it stays ...all they got to do is dial 1470 before they enter my number ....
I am registered on the do not call list so it doesn't happen. On the very rare occasion one does call I warn them about the $50000 fine and tell them not to call again surely there is something similar there?

If they are from overseas or no number you ask for contact details of the company they represent because that is the company that gets fined. I would be lucky to get a couple of such calls a month now.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top