Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

04-06-2014, 04:52 PM

What foods have you experimented with?

I have just made the strangest little things. It was an experiment. I took some frozen ready rolled pastry strips, laid them out on the worktop, grated some cheese onto the strips, added some finely chopped onion and a little salt and then rolled them up and popped them into the halogen oven for five minutes. They looked rather strange but tasted lovely with a cup of tea.

What foods have you experimented with and how did it turn out?
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 05:44 PM

Re: What foods have you experimented with?

I often throw stuff together knowing that if I like each ingredient I can't go far wrong, one of my favourites is cabbage stir fry made with white cabbage shredded,celery, curry powder, red pepper,balsamic vinegar, onion, garlic and ginger paste, soy sauce and a tin of tuna, tastes lovely and very healthy. I sometimes have it with german sausage instead of tuna

I found a great product in B&M, dried coconut in a box which can be added to many stir fry dishes too, only costs 39p!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 06:42 PM

Here I go again - I keep reading this thread title as - What 'fools' have you experimented with - oh dear
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 06:44 PM

that would prove an interesting thread for sure!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-06-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Honey ->
that would prove an interesting thread for sure!
Oh I don't know - the usual takers, heard it all before .......
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 06:20 PM

Several years back was wondering what to have for dinner, fancied pasta but could not make my mind up as to what to have with. Quick brevitt in the freezer and I found some generic 'white fish' . Cut this up into about half inch squares and left to one side to defrost. Meanwhile put a pot on for pasta and prepared a basic onion, tomato, garlic sauce. Soon as the pasta was cooked I scattered the now defrosted fish over the sauce, gave it a gentle stir to fold fish in but not break it, and added a generous portion of fresh grated Parmesan, covered and strained and served the pasta, by which time the fish had cooked, so ladled the sauce over pasta, and, in the words of my favourite French chef "eh voila". It was delish by the way and is now a family favourite.

Has been edited 'cos pad decided to alter/anticipate some spelling incorrectly, so a quick edit was necessary
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-06-2014, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Bluerose ->
I have just made the strangest little things. It was an experiment. I took some frozen ready rolled pastry strips, laid them out on the worktop, grated some cheese onto the strips, added some finely chopped onion and a little salt and then rolled them up and popped them into the halogen oven for five minutes. They looked rather strange but tasted lovely with a cup of tea.

What foods have you experimented with and how did it turn out?
Slightly off topic, how do you find your Halogen oven ?
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

06-06-2014, 05:00 PM

I like it a lot. I don’t have a cooker went microwave only a few years back. But can still enjoy a nice pie or grilled or roast stuff in halogen. Quite cheap too at the moment I got mine for £30.

Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

06-06-2014, 05:02 PM

daisymay,

I like pasta with salmon bits or chicken.
That sounds really nice think I'll try it with fish for a change.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 07:17 PM

Thanks Bluerose,i keep looking at them but did wonder as they seemed cheap, and wondered at their performance.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top