Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:05 AM

Inspiration needed !

Good Morning all and White Giraffes! OK, white rabbits - I just wanted to be different. The sun is shining here and there is no sign of rain - yet.

I have a card to make for a friend and need some inspiration.
He will be 76yrs on Friday, is from Newcastle, was in the RAF and has no hobbies ! Previously I have done cards with planes and maps, black/white cards with Newcastle F C emblems, cards with pictures of the Tyne bridges - now I have run out of ideas. Help !!
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:10 AM

Re: Inspiration needed !

Just a thought but what about a depiction of his regimental badge, sorry can't think of anything else at the moment.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Linden Tree ->
Just a thought but what about a depiction of his regimental badge, sorry can't think of anything else at the moment.
Good idea - I have some almost 'Air Force' blue card - I could make a 'wings' badge ! Thanks, Linden Tree.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:34 AM

Yes - fab idea ....
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:38 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Good idea - I have some almost 'Air Force' blue card - I could make a 'wings' badge ! Thanks, Linden Tree.
Your most welcome
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 08:49 AM

Stick with titillation - think of saucy post cards. Bound to work and raise a smile on his face - or somewhere .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 10:04 AM

How about a picture of a Messersmidt and enclose a machine gun with the card !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Have you got one (machine gun) going spare Alan ?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2014, 12:48 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
Or get a loan of a tank off Uncle Joe.

Seriously Silver, had he got one of those famous RAF moustaches like Jimmy Edwards?, maybe you could incorporate it into the card, those lads were very proud of their moustaches and took great care over them.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

02-06-2014, 10:44 AM

Thanks for all the suggestions. Here is the card:-

Made from Air Force blue card stock, I made the backing paper using the two most most recognised RAF insignia, added a photo of his favourite aircraft - Wellington bomber. Found a ribbon of the right colours but, as Eric Morcambe would say, not necessarily in the right order !

Inside - I used a line drawing of the Wellington.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top