Join for free
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 11:57 AM

Best car boot/charity shop bargain

I love a good mooch..and over the years I have acquired some nice things secondhand.
I fancy myself as an antiques dealer..(I'm not) but bought 2 dishes for £5 which turned out to be solid silver, later to be sold at an auction for £385!!
A Persian rug worth over £1000..an 18th century plate..£200..as well as the beautiful and unusual things I have kept for myself..
What was your best buy??

PS. Does anyone remember jumble sales??.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 04:18 PM

Re: Best car boot/charity shop bargain

Its been ages since ive been to a Boot sale ,and ive never been so lucky as you Lilac,
But along time ago,my OH helped a farmer friend out once, and my OH asked if he could have a bag of old Books that was in his Barn ,Farmer said yes .We sorted through them ,all old and dusty,when i came across a Book that looked like it was worth something ,i phoned a book dealer friend of mine ,who came out to view it ..
The price he paid us was enough to insure our car for the year .!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 04:20 PM

Remember jumble sales we hold them regularly along with car boots occasionally.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Its been ages since ive been to a Boot sale ,and ive never been so lucky as you Lilac,
But along time ago,my OH helped a farmer friend out once, and my OH asked if he could have a bag of old Books that was in his Barn ,Farmer said yes .We sorted through them ,all old and dusty,when i came across a Book that looked like it was worth something ,i phoned a book dealer friend of mine ,who came out to view it ..
The price he paid us was enough to insure our car for the year .!!
I walked into the Oxfam bookshop..and there was my childhood favourite..''The Flower fairies''

I paid £15 but I kept them for my delectation..

Does anyone else remember them??

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top