Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 01:53 PM

How long?!!!

Just spoken to the Pain Management Team at my hospital. If I'm lucky, I could get an appointment within 2 to 3 MONTHS!

I went all quiet for a few seconds, and went 'blimey, I'm hoping to have recovered by then!' The chap replied, well, we do actually have a few more nurses so it might be within that time.'

I give up!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 01:58 PM

Re: How long?!!!

Not fair is it really they need to do something now surely we all deserve better ?
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 02:24 PM

I always suspected the Urology team don't fully appreciate how I'm feeling. I swear they've done something wrong. Five months down the line and I still have to be careful how I turn over in bed, how I sit down on a chair (bus seats are the worse), and as for sitting down on the step...oh forget it! At the house where I care for the cat, I had the back door open and lowered myself to sit on the step. Oh for heaven's sake, I felt as if all the wound was tearing open! It was agony. Certain positions I put my body in seem to put stress on the area and have me squealing. Or swearing continuously.

Getting at my wit's end.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 03:13 PM

Have you had another opinion Jazzi ? I never trust they haven't done something wrong since my husband had a chest operation years ago and kept saying something was inside him, no one believed him and we were encouraged to not humour him. Was devastated when after nearly a year a wire (not a small thing) started to come through the skin under his arm. We went to A&E and he had a 16 inch piece of wire removed from his chest through a hole under his arm pit. How could they miss that ? I tend to believe people now when they suspect something isn't right.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 03:30 PM

You're right Julie - have always said the same, we know our body better than anyone.
Go back to your GP Jazzi and explain what you have said here ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 06:45 PM

Janet that's horrid having to wait so long if you are in pain

I had to wait 5 months for a CT scan, it was postponed 3 times.
I sometimes wonder if they make you wait hoping you might die in the meantime and save them the trouble
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2014, 10:39 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Have you had another opinion Jazzi ? I never trust they haven't done something wrong since my husband had a chest operation years ago and kept saying something was inside him, no one believed him and we were encouraged to not humour him. Was devastated when after nearly a year a wire (not a small thing) started to come through the skin under his arm. We went to A&E and he had a 16 inch piece of wire removed from his chest through a hole under his arm pit. How could they miss that ? I tend to believe people now when they suspect something isn't right.

Well Julie, I'd hate to worry anyone, but for some time now, I've been thinking along those lines too . . .
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

31-05-2014, 12:11 AM

I had an MRI the day after the second admission on 30 April, and waiting to receive the letter from Urology. When I spoke to the secretary she said the letter had been dictated. My guess is, if they'd found something, wouldn't I have heard before now? And I'd also had an xray done after the op when I was in so much pain, and was told that was okay.

So my assumption is, that there is likely to be NO visible signs giving a reason for the pain, and they did investigate on 30 April. I wonder if they just stitched me up too tightly?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Janet that's horrid having to wait so long if you are in pain

I had to wait 5 months for a CT scan, it was postponed 3 times.
I sometimes wonder if they make you wait hoping you might die in the meantime and save them the trouble
Blimey, I am glad I have our health system rather than yours.

Went to the doctor on Wednesday, got a referral for a CT scan, made an appointment for Thursday at the Xray place in my street, was in and out in about 10 minutes. Will ring the doctor on Monday for the results of the scan and whether a further appointment is necessary. All covered by Medicare.

Mind you this loopy government wants us to pay a co payment of $7 for a doctors visit (up to $70 a year) after next year but there is a good chance it might not get through the Senate.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2014, 09:10 AM

Our health service has been f****** about with so much it is a wonder it is functioning at all.

As for you Jazzi surely you need a 2nd opinion from someone not related in any way to the surgeons that carried out the procedure.

Why not search on Google for others who have had a similar or identical op and see what they have to say? You might find someone with exactly the same problem you now have. If you do they might shine a light on what the problem (if there is one) is.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top