Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:00 PM

Car Headlights going out while indicators are on

Our car is old 1999 but in so many late models, I've noticed the front headlight goes out while the right or left turn blinker is going. Once the car turns, the headlight comes back on as usual. Why?
bloggsy
Hampshire
bloggsy is male  bloggsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-05-2014, 07:02 PM

Re: Car Headlights going out while indicators are on

I noticed that the other day and thought there was a wiring fault on a car coming up our road, as to why I don't know
George
New Member!
UK
George is male 

28-05-2014, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Our car is old 1999 but in so many late models, I've noticed the front headlight goes out while the right or left turn blinker is going. Once the car turns, the headlight comes back on as usual. Why?
It would indicate a bad earth somewhere in the electrical system. The same effect can often be replicated with the vehicles brake lights and indicators.

Usually a very simple thing to identify and should be cheap to fix. All that is needed is to identify, clean the affected cables and earth points.

HTH
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 12:24 AM

It happens tho with so many isn't it on purpose, made that way for some reason?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-05-2014, 02:11 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
It happens tho with so many isn't it on purpose, made that way for some reason?
I've never seen it and I suspect it would actually be illegal in NSW because after dark you must use headlights and they must be functioning.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

29-05-2014, 02:17 AM

http://ask.cars.com/2012/10/why-do-a...nal-is-on.html

Well there we go, lol

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top