Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 04:52 PM

Women's Logic

Please understand that I am not denigrating women here but, just as I was typing-out another post on here my wife was on the 'phone.

We've been down to see her Mum today & take her out and we got back a while ago. The agreement is that my wife rings her Mum's 'phone, lets in ring twice then hangs up and this is to indicate we've got home OK - well, that's the idea!

My wife on the 'phone:
"Why are you answering the 'phone Mum?"

"Yes, I know it's ringing but it's just me to let you know we're home OK - OK?"

"Yes, I know it rang - the idea is for YOU to let it ring twice then I hang up - remember?"

"Well if you'd waited for it to ring twice then stop ringing you'd know it was me wouldn't you?"

"Yes I know you'd be wondering who it was if you didn't answer Mum but that's what I said I'd do, didn't I - to let you know - eh?"

"Yes, OK Mum. I realise it's my fault and I should have made it clearer"

"Yes, OK, you take care now - I said YOU TAKE CARE NOW - God you're worse than my husband! - No, sorry Mum, take care - Bye!"
stevmk2
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Re: Women's Logic

Maybe she was just doing something else...and didn't want to be treated like a mentally debile??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:04 PM

Like something out of a comedy sketch
Mind you - I say mind you - its happened to me and it did annoy me
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->

Like something out of a comedy sketch
Mind you - I say mind you - its happened to me and it did annoy me
Mum's 90 Patsy and she's still sharp as a tack too.

Wind-up is my first thought..............stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
Mum's 90 Patsy and she's still sharp as a tack too.

Wind-up is my first thought..............stevmk2
Fab !!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:25 PM

I admire your bravery Steve, where shall i send the flowers.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
I admire your bravery Steve, where shall i send the flowers.
It's OK..he has dug his grave.. 6ft under..all he needs to do now is pull the dirt over himself...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:35 PM

I know how it goes Steve. When the phone rings here and then rings off before the wife gets to it, (It's never for me so I don't answer it) she'll check to see who rang then ring them, when they finally connect, it's nearly always the daughter, she spends half and hour explaining what she was at when the phone first rang, it goes on and on then she eventually asks "By the way what was it you phoned me about" I usually shout "She's bleeding to death Love"
lilac
West yorks uk

24-05-2014, 07:48 PM

I do hope you are not talking about all women..??
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by lilac ->
I do hope you are not talking about all women..??
Just mine, she's unique God bless her.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top