Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Strained eyes?

I use the computer far too much. I also use the computer to power a big TV screen. My eyes can hurt when focussing on this big screen in my pretty dark room. F.lux to the rescue. This program 'softens' the screen and takes away that nasty sting I get. If you have sore eyes that could be caused by computer eyestrain then maybe this program will work for you ...

F.lux Download
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:27 PM

Re: Strained eyes?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I use the computer far too much. I also use the computer to power a big TV screen. My eyes can hurt when focussing on this big screen in my pretty dark room. F.lux to the rescue. This program 'softens' the screen and takes away that nasty sting I get. If you have sore eyes that could be caused by computer eyestrain then maybe this program will work for you ...

F.lux Download
Are you watching Police Concerts?.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 10:33 PM

F.lux Download

How often do you get your eyes checked Mark? Maybe you need new lenses if you are on the computer a lot.
I found the brightness of my screen was bothering my eyes so I turned it right down and my eyes are a lot more comfortable now.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 12:18 PM

Funny thing f.lux def helps when viewing my computer / TV but not when using another computer with a CRT monitor. Had to switch it off that un as my eyes were hurting even more.

Not had my eyes checked for quite a while but I can see fine with my specs - bifocal things.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 01:05 PM

I downloaded it onto the macmini I have connected to the sitting room telly last night Mark, it makes a big difference, takes all the severe background whiteness out when watching text and you can knock it off when you want to too, good little free app. My eyes are not the best now so it helps, Thanks.
JulieS
JulieS is female 

24-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Funny thing f.lux def helps when viewing my computer / TV but not when using another computer with a CRT monitor. Had to switch it off that un as my eyes were hurting even more.

Not had my eyes checked for quite a while but I can see fine with my specs - bifocal things.
Eye tests aren't just about being able to see well they should be about eye health too. Problems with eyes can come on very quickly I hope you take this the right way because I would advise everyone to have their eyes checked regularly. I am not telling you what to do or controlling you just advising, because if I hadn't been for my annual check up they wouldn't have caught that cancerous tumour I had to have removed last year. I would hate to think you ignored a problem and didn't get checked just because you can see well enough.
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by JulieS ->
Eye tests aren't just about being able to see well they should be about eye health too. Problems with eyes can come on very quickly I hope you take this the right way because I would advise everyone to have their eyes checked regularly. I am not telling you what to do or controlling you just advising, because if I hadn't been for my annual check up they wouldn't have caught that cancerous tumour I had to have removed last year. I would hate to think you ignored a problem and didn't get checked just because you can see well enough.
Well said JulieS.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-05-2014, 08:28 AM

Mark matey, either the screen is too large for the room it occupies, or you're sitting too close to the screen and you also need an alternative light source too - a small lamp or reading light.
Bluerose
London UK
Bluerose is female 

04-06-2014, 07:57 PM

Just downloaded it and going to give it a try.
Thanks for the link.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-06-2014, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by JulieS ->

Julie's right Mark. They can pick up other health problems from an eye examination, its certainly isn't only about being able to see alright with your specs on.
Its a bit like a good dentist looks for more than just whether you need a filling or not. Look after yourself Mark.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top