Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 03:26 PM

Anyone been to Nova Scotia? (Canada)

Has anyone been to Nova Scotia in Canada? I am asking because Savills (The large London based estate agent) are selling fantastic looking properties at a place called Forest Lakes for £160K, in most of England that would barely get you a two up two down terrace house

On Google maps there is a lovely shot of the nearby state highway 101, barely one car in either direction and a sign saying Kms. 275 wow, would that be to the nearest town
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 04:29 PM

Re: Anyone been to Nova Scotia? (Canada)

Oh tis Heaven to me - but alas just a dream ......
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Never been.. but have noticed those properties too Losos!! They look pretty awesome

I think it gets very cold there tho
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 06:31 PM

You could afford the heating with the money you've saved
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Oh tis Heaven to me - but alas just a dream ......
Same here Patsy, had I met my wife a few years earlier we might be living there now, but there's a time and a place for everything and it's not now

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Never been.. but have noticed those properties too Losos!! They look pretty awesome
I think it gets very cold there tho
You can get used to the cold

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
You could afford the heating with the money you've saved
Not only that but Savills reckon you can rent them out as well, in fact they are so certain about this that they are guaranteeing the first two years rent has to be a catch somewhere 'tho
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2014, 08:23 PM

Got any links Losos? I'm interested now

Good point Patsy!
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-05-2014, 08:39 AM

I flew over Nova Scotia a few years ago when I was going to Mexico. Looked nice.
Only thing is it will be -50 in Winter time and if its like the Winter they
have had just now the snow was on the ground for 7 months. I speak
to a lovely lady who lives in Canada and it has been a terrible Winter.

275kms is about 170 miles so if that's where Tescos is that's a long way
to go get your dinner
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2014, 08:52 AM

My dream has turned into a nightmare now
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk

23-05-2014, 12:38 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
Got any links Losos?
Hope this will work:-

http://search.savills.com/en-com/pro...blaixlai140120

I just noticed that the £169K is a FROM figure, i.e. that is the lowest price and probably just a one bedroom studio type place. I now see that prices go up to £2 million

No idea how big Halifax is but they claim it's only half an hour away, hmmmm that would be half an hour in my Ferrari with no other traffic on the road

Edit:-
Sorry Azz, that link says the page is not available, yet I found it by going on Savills site and entering Nova Scotia in the search box, and I can't get it to do that again, but as you know I am useless at this IT stuff
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

23-05-2014, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Losos ->
Hope this will work:-

www.savills.com/property-detail/gblaixlai140120

I just noticed that the £169K is a FROM figure, i.e. that is the lowest price and probably just a one bedroom studio type place. I now see that prices go up to £2 million

No idea how big Halifax is but they claim it's only half an hour away, hmmmm that would be half an hour in my Ferrari with no other traffic on the road
Ah well ........
Plenty of other places we can dream about .....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top