Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 03:51 PM

Marijuana Grow Op House

Would you ever buy a home that had been used as a marijuana grow op? Is this something that goes on in the UK btw? It does in Canada. A few years ago about 10km away a rural house burned down because there was an illegal grow op inside. These houses are full of mold, dangerous electrical setups, etc.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 04:22 PM

Re: Marijuana Grow Op House

Yes happens here Autumn, they usually rent properties to do this. Awful situation.
I suppose I would buy the house if I could gut it and start again, It would have to be special though ........
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 04:45 PM

Yes, this house was torn down & a brand new one built which was finally bought. Houses, even normal homes can be up for sale for a year at times.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 04:49 PM

Its funny but Canada is a place I would have liked to live. You get the impression it is different to here. No crime ! How can there be crime in such a beautiful place. How can you not wake up each morning and think how lucky I am to be in such a beautiful place ..... I will never understand people .........
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

21-05-2014, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Its funny but Canada is a place I would have liked to live. You get the impression it is different to here. No crime ! How can there be crime in such a beautiful place. How can you not wake up each morning and think how lucky I am to be in such a beautiful place ..... I will never understand people .........
Well unfortunately crime is all over, especially in big cities like Toronto, Halifax (which has a lot of racial garbage going on), every city is not crime free. It would be nice. That said we don't have the crime that the States do mainly because their population is many times higher as well.

Overall, Canada is a safe place to live but like I said, we're not exempt from crime.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

21-05-2014, 05:11 PM

Yes - crime is everywhere mainly due to drugs - its a pity that the beauty that surrounds us, cant be their drug. That's what I don't understand, how can you dismiss whats around you, they must go around with their eyes and minds closed.
Even living in the city, you know that a few miles up the road is Heaven ....
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

21-05-2014, 05:27 PM

That's beautiful Patsy, you sure have a spiritual soul.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 07:56 PM

There used to be an old house in Howth on our East Coast back in the 70's, the hippies took it over and started growing their own, it was a very old house with half the roof gone, Terns used to nest in it. When the police raided it one night there was not a hippie to be seen, only the birds, the police searched every inch of the building and they did a very good job, not a Tern was left unstoned. Sorry I'll read that again.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

21-05-2014, 08:00 PM

oh lordy
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 10:12 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
There used to be an old house in Howth on our East Coast back in the 70's, the hippies took it over and started growing their own, it was a very old house with half the roof gone, Terns used to nest in it. When the police raided it one night there was not a hippie to be seen, only the birds, the police searched every inch of the building and they did a very good job, not a Tern was left unstoned. Sorry I'll read that again.
, sometimes it can be good to have a Blowout.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top