Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Want proof how political parties lie?

My local Labour party have leafleted my flats about the fly tipping in our bin store area, and also about the double yellow lines at our entrance.

D you know, they are taking the credit for that?!!

They state they raised the issue with the Council and are now pleased that they have been put down.

So incensed at this I've fired off an angry email to them, saying it is outrageous that they've leafleted us gloating over their achievement. I told them in no uncertain terms that I applied to the Council back in February and it was nothing to do with the Labour party!

I also added that one of the Cllrs had attended the hearing back in February re the church's alcohol licence application, and would have heard me tell the panel and attendees that I had applied for these lines, as parking was also an issue with the church. (It was this that swayed the panel's decision to reject their application.). The Cllr would have picked up on that.

Bit of a coincidence, don't you think, that I apply for the lines, they get put down, and the Labour party suddenly takes the credit, saying they'd been talking to the neighbours about it?!

Lying lying bar stewards. Where's an 'angry' emoticon when I need it?
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 05:15 PM

Re: Want proof how political parties lie?

'Tis the time of year Jazzi!

We had a Labour buffoon claiming they'd done something similar here too.

I suggested a good place to put his leaflet when the cheeky sod called here - calling me a well-known Labour supporter!

I've had that from them ever since I was on a Residents Association locally because the woman that was the chair was a Labour candidate for the parish council then the town council seat.

She never got anywhere though for two reasons, one being she was useless and the other because the lying, slimy hairball we had as a Labour Councillor got turfed out of the party for fairy stories and then an assault on a local who disagreed with him - that was it for all of us with Labour and we've been conservative in this ward ever since.
(LibDems are a wasted vote we think!!!) stevmk2
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Two of the Cllrs replied to the email, but the second one contradicted the first. One said they raised the issue months before Christmas, and the second one said they sent an email to the dept. and the lines were put down days later. So the second one is saying it was their intervention that resulted in the lines, which only went down about a month ago.

I replied that was coincidental, and pulled them up on that.

They are certainly not getting my vote.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-05-2014, 07:11 PM

Well done Jan .. too often people let them get away with it.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

20-05-2014, 10:07 PM

The second Cllr has just responded. Had to get the last word in!

I'd said their intervention was probably coincidental with the lines going down, and added 'I guess on this we have to agree to disagree and I have no further comments'.

Back has come the response that 'whatever was said and done was ...in absolute faith...no intention to mislead...sorry to have offended...'

Yeah, right. Still not voting for Labour!
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2014, 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
The second Cllr has just responded. Had to get the last word in!
I'd said their intervention was probably coincidental with the lines going down, and added 'I guess on this we have to agree to disagree and I have no further comments'.
Back has come the response that 'whatever was said and done was ...in absolute faith...no intention to mislead...sorry to have offended...'
Yeah, right. Still not voting for Labour!
I had a quick look on these tactics by Labour Jazzi - by all of them really - and it does seem that Labour is the worst culprit so I hope it brings them exactly what they deserve!

2nd worst is Conservative by the way! stevmk2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top