Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 02:16 PM

Victoria Day Weekend

Well, its the Victoria Day long weekend here in Canada although it's called a few other names including Two-Four weekend (which means case of 24 beers). For gardeners its mainly the official beginning of the growing season & beginning of summer - although summer isn't officially here.

To most people, its just a long weekend, highways are crowded with people leaving town to open their cottages as well.

For me it's just another weekend as well but for different reasons, ha ha. My husband's shift means his weekends are Tuesday & Wednesdays. At least we can stay away from the usual Sat/Sun influx of shoppers.

There doesn't seem to be Canadians on the forum except moi, but I'll say Happy Victoria Day weekend to anyone I missed.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 03:41 PM

Re: Victoria Day Weekend

Well the same to you gal - sorry no Canadians, but we're an OK bunch, at least you get a different take on things, you can chat to Canadians anytime
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well the same to you gal - sorry no Canadians, but we're an OK bunch, at least you get a different take on things, you can chat to Canadians anytime
Thanks Patsy, that's true. Also, thanks for the thought
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:22 PM

A very Happy Victoria Day weekend to you, Autumn
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 06:02 PM

Enjoy your little holiday AC it'amazing that Canada still celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday when she has been dead for so long..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 06:50 PM

Have a good weekend .
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

16-05-2014, 06:53 PM

Thanks everyone, my real weekends are Tuesday & Wednesday with my husband but it's very kind of you all. I just love this forum, hee hee. I'm relaxing, having fun on this site. Just wish I could think of new threads no one has already talked about, ha ha.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

16-05-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Enjoy your little holiday AC it'amazing that Canada still celebrates Queen Victoria's birthday when she has been dead for so long..
Yes Meg, it is funny & Canada is the only country that has it Apparently it was begun even before Canada was formed. I never knew any of this, I happened to look it up on Wikipedia. Good ole technology, info at an instant!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 08:36 PM

Well AC may I wish you a happy Victoria day as well. My brain is telling me there was once someone from Canada on here, maybe more than one, but it's true I've not seen anyone (except you) from that part of the world for some time.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 08:36 PM

And a happy Two-Four day from me AC, I prefer Two-Four sounds more appealing to me, I wonder why.
We used to have a few Canadians here, haven't heard from them for a while though, I think the time gap is too great and they eventually can't keep up with it, I'd imagine I would be the same if I was on a Canadian, Australian, or American forum, don't you start falling asleep on us in the middle of the day.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top