Join for free
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 12:37 PM

Sometimes you have to wonder

Back in November we had a new gas boiler, this had to work off gas bottles until the natural gas was ready to be turned on. On Monday of this week the natural gas was turned on. Now we have the gas inspector coming to check everything is in order and safe before we are switched over, everything is good and they do whatever it is they do. The gas hob works perfectly but then the inspector tells me that the gas boiler is still working off the bottles as itīs new, under guarantee and they must have a Baxi technician to come and check that they do the switch over correctly. Okay, no problem, the boiler is only being used for hot water at the present time, central heating not needed.

This boiler was actually ordered from, delivered and fitted by the natural gas company. Now they need a telephone number for a Baxi tech in this area. Well I wouldnīt have thought it a big problem, but no matter I provide them with the national number and 3 other numbers around this area where there are Baxi techs.

The big surprise is that I am then asked which company the gas company ordered the boiler from !! I should know? I donīt work for the gas company, they are the ones with offices and records and surely they must know who their suppliers are.

When I wanted a handbook in English for this boiler I emailed Baxi customer services in Madrid and Baxi customer services in UK. From Madrid I got an instant reply and download, from UK, well Iīm still waiting for a reply but since that was November I doubt Iīll get one.

If I can get information then surely it shouldnīt be a big problem for a huge national gas company.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 12:43 PM

Re: Sometimes you have to wonder

If I can get information then surely it shouldnīt be a big problem for a huge national gas company.
..you wouldn't think so would you Loretta, these companies can be a mystery sometimes...
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 01:35 PM

I have mains gas to my stove and the Baxi boiler for the central heating and hot water. The company that installed the central heating also supplied and fitted the Baxi boiler. Baxi were never involved. A handbook also came with the boiler.

Once they'd finished the work, the gas company came to inspect the work and turn on the gas supply. By law over here you have to have your boiler serviced once a year, which in my case is done by the company that supplied and installed the Baxi.

I can't understand why in your case Baxi need to be involved, perhaps you should ask them?
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
I have mains gas to my stove and the Baxi boiler for the central heating and hot water. The company that installed the central heating also supplied and fitted the Baxi boiler. Baxi were never involved. A handbook also came with the boiler.

Once they'd finished the work, the gas company came to inspect the work and turn on the gas supply. By law over here you have to have your boiler serviced once a year, which in my case is done by the company that supplied and installed the Baxi.

I can't understand why in your case Baxi need to be involved, perhaps you should ask them?
Evidently itīs because the boiler is new and if another company other than Baxi do anything with the boiler we lose the guarantee. Funnily enough someone from Baxi has just telephoned me to say it was okay to have the boiler converted and gave me a price of E89.04. I told her to call Petra, the woman from the gas company as itīs the gas company we are dealing with. The gas company told us there would be no charge for the conversion so itīs up to them to sort that out.

Perhaps I should say here that natural gas has only just come to this area of Spain so for those of us who wanted it everything gas has to be converted from bottled to natural. Had our old boiler not given up on us there wouldnīt have been a problem, the new boiler would have been installed at the time of changeover, i.e. Monday, but it stopped working in November so there was no point spending money having it repaired when we were having a new one.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top