Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 10:01 PM

Circuses

How do you feel about circuses with animals?
I am totally, absolutely against them. I think its cruel making tigers jump through rings of fire & teasing other animals into attacking, etc etc.

Toronto banned animal circuses years ago but after one year went back to allowing them. I was outraged after thinking finally a city with some guts, then backs out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 10:24 PM

Re: Circuses

I hate circuses and always have done...
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I am totally, absolutely against them. I think its cruel making tigers jump through rings of fire & teasing other animals into attacking, etc etc.

Toronto banned animal circuses years ago but after one year went back to allowing them. I was outraged after thinking finally a city with some guts, then backs out.

Completely agree with you Autumn. We had a very sad case here not long ago of an poor aged elephant, Annie, with arthritis still being dragged round the country. Fortunately she has finally been rescued and is safe in a safari park now to the best of my knowledge.
I'm not sure, but I don't know if lions/tigers etc are allowed in circuses here anymore? I sincerely hope not. It's no life for these magnificent creatures.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 12:06 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Agree, that's why I love Circus Oz

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 04:18 AM

I agree, but i hate the fact any animals are held captive. Especially birds i would close all these entertainment parks and stop these so called Bird of prey centers, ive seen too many escapees starving to death in the midst of plenty.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 06:03 AM

I have loathed the circus ever since childhood - mostly because of the cruel way the animals were/are treated but also because of ... clowns! Can't stand them - they give me the creeps!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:13 AM

No need for animals to perform in a circus. There are brilliant acts out there to be thoroughly entertaining ....
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 02:58 PM

Can't stand circuses, even the ones without animals are SO boring. Any that still use animals should be shut down and the owners imprisoned - or better yet, forced to jump through flaming hoops and to dance for hours on end on top of hot coals for my amusement. No kidding.
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 03:10 PM

I've never been to a Circus, even one without animals because I feel ashamed for the animals if you understand what I mean.

I don't go to Zoos either because I cannot stand to see animals caged, no matter how well they are cared for.

Woburn's 10 mins drive from me and I go through the park to or from work quite often and see the deer.

That's how it should be as far as I'm concerned.

I saw Polar Bears in Whipsnade years and years ago when I took my children there for a day out - it upset me seeing their repetitive behaviour and the kids asked about that too.

I saw an Asiatic Tiger, in the wild in the backwoods of Thailand in 1977.

What a privilege!

It was lean, mean and just yards away from me and the village kids, all of us brushing our teeth by the river but they see things like that daily.

I'd stayed in a longhut overnight with a Thai friend and his family.
I'll never forget that. stevmk2
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 03:29 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have loathed the circus ever since childhood - mostly because of the cruel way the animals were/are treated but also because of ... clowns! Can't stand them - they give me the creeps!
You & my husband should chat, he used to have nightmares about clowns.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top