Join for free
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 08:50 PM

How to clean a ceramic hob

I recently needed to clean a ceramic induction hob, and searched for tips and tried things like vinegar (which helped) but what I found most useful is Hob Brite - it's £1.50 from the supermarkets and with a bit of elbow grease works wonders

You can use an old credit card to get off stubborn stains too.

If you have any tips yourself, please add them
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 09:39 PM

Re: How to clean a ceramic hob

Magic stuff, don't need much either. Vinegar helps keep saucepans free from water spots.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Magic stuff, don't need much either. Vinegar helps keep saucepans free from water spots.
I was just about to ask about the best way to clean pans Maggie Will post a thread about it now...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:37 PM

My favourite is Hob Brite too - it says to use a dry cloth, I prefer a damp one find the process works better .....
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:43 PM

Another vote for Hob Brite here.

Also, Amazon sells a wonderful little scraper particularly for ceramic hobs - doesn't scratch and really gets off those burnt on bits.

Gwyn
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by AliceB ->
Another vote for Hob Brite here.

Also, Amazon sells a wonderful little scraper particularly for ceramic hobs - doesn't scratch and really gets off those burnt on bits.

Gwyn
What about the knobs .......
Sandi
Adelaide, South Australia
Sandi is female  Sandi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 06:17 PM

I keep a small paint scraper, the kind with the razor blade in the end. in my kitchen drawer. It gets any burnt rubbish on the bottom of the oven off easily.
If you burn something in a saucepan it works equally well with that too.

Bi Carb Soda mixed to a paste with water or vinegar, put some on the stain, leave for a few minutes and it usually just wipes off.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

16-05-2014, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Sandi ->
I keep a small paint scraper, the kind with the razor blade in the end. in my kitchen drawer. It gets any burnt rubbish on the bottom of the oven off easily.
If you burn something in a saucepan it works equally well with that too.

Bi Carb Soda mixed to a paste with water or vinegar, put some on the stain, leave for a few minutes and it usually just wipes off.
Thanks for the last paragraph there Sandi
AliceB
Cheshire
AliceB is female  AliceB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 07:58 PM

Tsk, tsk, Patsy, you're sooo fussy!

Has to be soap and water and a good scrub with an old toothbrush there!

Gwyn

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top