Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2014, 11:03 PM

Something else that bugs . . .

While I'm still in moaning mode:

People who pull out of side turnings or slipways just in front of your front bumper, then poddle along in the middle of the road at 20 mph for the next five miles.

And people who say they will ring you back - and then disappear into the sunset.

Parents who let their kids eat things going round the supermarkets that they haven't paid for yet.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 12:41 AM

Re: Something else that bugs . . .

Are you getting paid for this?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 08:30 AM

'You are in a queue, your call will be taken within 5 mins'
20 mins later - still waiting
You finally hang up, ring back and get straight through!!

6 hour appointment slot - and no one turns up
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 08:16 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
While I'm still in moaning mode:
People who pull out of side turnings or slipways just in front of your front bumper, then poddle along in the middle of the road at 20 mph for the next five miles.
And people who say they will ring you back - and then disappear into the sunset.
Parents who let their kids eat things going round the supermarkets that they haven't paid for yet.
My pet hate is those complete & utter looneys that see you on a dual carriageway yet STILL pull out in front of you so you cram-on the brakes but then, to REALLY irritate you, they pull over to the right-hand lane - and bloody stay there, poodling along @ 40mph for MILES until they get to the junction where they want to turn RIGHT!!!

Do you think it's admissible to murder someone that does that under a plea of temporary insanity?!

Another one: - all our kids and most of the grandchildren have home 'phones & mobile 'phones so why is it that whenever my wife wants to speak to any one of them it instantly goes to voice mail - and they NEVER ring her back?!
Just a thought here: - what's the two things most commonly seen clasped in the hands of supermarket shoppers?

Yep - a 'phone and a wallet / purse, the same as you'll see in any queue for ANYTHING at all ANYWHERE yet when you ring them they're 'busy'!!!

I'm deaf but there are times where words really do fail me............................stevmk2
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 08:48 PM

The eating before paying really winds me up! Are they really that hungry or badly behaved that they have to be bribed.

People on phones when in queues is so rude, seems to be the norm now though, unfortunately.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 10:28 PM

People behind me not saying thank you for putting the 'next customer' divider on the conveyor belt after my shopping. I always make a point of saying it to the person in front who puts it on.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 10:35 PM

I agree about manners, some people are really ignorant.

Sometimes I'll hold the door open for someone behind me, even standing there until they get to the door and......nothing.

I used to say "you're welcome" a little loud but quit doing that because you never know who's going to snap these days.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-05-2014, 11:53 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
People behind me not saying thank you for putting the 'next customer' divider on the conveyor belt after my shopping. I always make a point of saying it to the person in front who puts it on.

Know what you mean there Jazzi, but it annoys me even more when the person in front won't put the divider on at all, then gives me black looks when I start unpacking anyway. we ought to go shopping together - we could moan all day .

It's good, this Grumpy Corner ain it. I feel so much better laughing at other moans
ZsaZsa
Miskolc Hungary
ZsaZsa is female  ZsaZsa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2014, 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
What annoys me even more is when you get into a queue at the checkout only to discover there's not a divider in sight. You unload your groceries making sure there's a decent space between your groceries and the person's before you, but the person behind you shoves their groceries right up to yours which makes it difficult for the cashier to tell which are yours and which are theirs. Several times I've have to tell the cashier that some of the items she/he has put onto my bill are not mine but the person's behind me ... so annoying to have to then hang around whilst the bill is being adjusted!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

16-05-2014, 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by ZsaZsa ->
What annoys me even more is when you get into a queue at the checkout only to discover there's not a divider in sight. You unload your groceries making sure there's a decent space between your groceries and the person's before you, but the person behind you shoves their groceries right up to yours which makes it difficult for the cashier to tell which are yours and which are theirs. Several times I've have to tell the cashier that some of the items she/he has put onto my bill are not mine but the person's behind me ... so annoying to have to then hang around whilst the bill is being adjusted!

That's very true Zsa Zsa, or if you strike lucky, there will be 1 divider for about 10 people to use.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top