Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 02:42 PM

I need.....

Another pickerupper, to pick my pickerupper, up.

Tee hee. See I have difficulty bending so my son bought me one of they grabber thingies. Problem is, if it drops to the floor, well, I cannot bend to pick it up, thus 'I need........
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 02:50 PM

Re: I need.....

Thanks Daisymay for the laugh

Sorry for your predicament though.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 03:40 PM

Quite obvious you need two picker uppers lol
Good luck with them and sorry you need to have things like that.
Saying that I am going for my operation on the left side of my chest
in just over 2 weeks time. I have been told I cannot pick up heavy
things for at least 6 weeks and will find it hard to hang my washing
out. Therefore, my improvisation will be my teeth, which luckily
are my own and my right arm which will be unharmed by the op.
That's it daisymay, improvisation
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 03:43 PM

Mmmm, we had the same problem Daisymay.

Now, I've found a great method for picking up the 'picker upper'

Get it under foot at one end and press it, so the other end pops up ... then take the walking stick, and hook the handle under it and draw it towards you.
Sometimes it slides off but with practice and determination you'll do it.
I do have a small piece of bamboo, with a wire loop wedged in it, that slips over the end of all sorts of things.
Good luck
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:07 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->

Tee hee. See I have difficulty bending so my son bought me one of they grabber thingies. Problem is, if it drops to the floor, well, I cannot bend to pick it up, thus 'I need........

They are handy things aren't they daisymay. Luckily I can bend quite easily, but I use mine to reach the kitchen window behind the sink when it blows open too far. I am only small and can't reach over the worktop and sink taps if the window is too far open, so it saves me going out into the garden and pushing it shut from the outside.
I also sometimes use it for getting things off a high shelf in the kitchen wall cupboards.
Come to think of it, I ought to take it to the supermarket with me because they always put things up too high.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:47 PM

My son is considering getting at least one more, maybe even two because dropping it notwithstanding you can invariably guarantee that we (that is the grabber and I)are rarely in the same room at the same time, so he reckons I need one per room.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 08:36 AM

I put a strap on mine which can hang it up and which can be attached to my wrist so it can't be dropped.

Obvious really.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 12:18 PM

My son is considering getting at least one more, maybe even two because dropping it notwithstanding you can invariably guarantee that we (that is the grabber and I)are rarely in the same room at the same time, so he reckons I need one per room.

Good idea daisymay. My Mother has one in the bathroom and one in the kitchen.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 12:57 PM

We've got a garden one too, it has a retractable spike - very handy
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 04:02 PM

Mine stands next to the waste bin and leans against the radiator right beside my chair.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top