Join for free
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:56 AM

What your Mother taught you

My Mother taught me to appreciate A JOB WELL DONE
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning"

My Mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My Mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going
to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My Mother taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."

My Mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck,
you're not going to the shops with me.

My Mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, incase you're in an accident."

My Mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about."

My Mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

My Mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck."

My Mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all of that Spinach has gone."

My Mother taught me about the WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado has been through."

My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. " Just wait till we get home!"

My Mother taught me about RECEIVING. "Wait until I get you home you're going to get it."

My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to stick that way."

My Mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on, don't you think I know when you are cold."

My Mother taught me HUMOUR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.

My Mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your Father."

My Mother taught me ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a field?"

My Mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

My Mother taught me JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids and I hope they turn out just like you."

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 11:58 AM

Re: What your Mother taught you

Good ones Sandy....
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 12:14 PM

Brilliant Sandy!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 12:28 PM

Smashing - enjoyed reading those
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 05:48 PM

:-d:-d:-d
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-05-2014, 08:40 PM

That's very good Sandy, my own mother all over. Once she thought I had eyes in my backside because she said to me in the living room "Jimmy are you reading that paper your sitting on?, if your not can I have a look at it?"
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-05-2014, 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
My Mother taught me to appreciate A JOB WELL DONE
"If you're going to kill each other, do it outside. I just finished cleaning"

My Mother taught me RELIGION. "You better pray that will come out of the carpet."

My Mother taught me about TIME TRAVEL. "If you don't straighten up, I'm going
to knock you into the middle of next week!"

My Mother taught me LOGIC. "Because I said so, that's why."

My Mother taught me MORE LOGIC. "If you fall out of that swing and break your neck,
you're not going to the shops with me.

My Mother taught me FORESIGHT. "Make sure you wear clean underwear, incase you're in an accident."

My Mother taught me IRONY. "Keep crying and I'll give you something to cry about."

My Mother taught me about the science of OSMOSIS. "Shut your mouth and eat your supper."

My Mother taught me about CONTORTIONISM. "Will you look at that dirt on the back of your neck."

My Mother taught me about STAMINA. "You'll sit there until all of that Spinach has gone."

My Mother taught me about the WEATHER. "This room of yours looks as if a tornado has been through."

My Mother taught me about ANTICIPATION. " Just wait till we get home!"

My Mother taught me about RECEIVING. "Wait until I get you home you're going to get it."

My Mother taught me MEDICAL SCIENCE. "If you don't stop crossing your eyes, they are going to stick that way."

My Mother taught me ESP. "Put your sweater on, don't you think I know when you are cold."

My Mother taught me HUMOUR. "When that lawn mower cuts off your toes, don't come running to me."

My Mother taught me HOW TO BECOME AN ADULT. "If you don't eat your vegetables, you'll never grow up.

My Mother taught me GENETICS. "You're just like your Father."

My Mother taught me ROOTS. "Shut that door behind you. Do you think you were born in a field?"

My Mother taught me WISDOM. "When you get to be my age, you'll understand."

My Mother taught me JUSTICE. "One day you'll have kids and I hope they turn out just like you."

Hi Sister!!! - since when was your Mother my 'Dragon' too Sandy darlin'???

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top