Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:50 PM

What Era Would You Like To Live In?

Perhaps it was a time you've already lived in or perhaps it would be in the medieval times, or even with the dinosaurs.

I don't really care about a decade ago, it has to be sometime quite in the past.

Me? I would've liked to have lived in the Golden Age of movies.
Not that I watch movies a lot but it seemed more magical & innocent then. People too were different than they are today.

Other than that, if I could've kept hidden, I'd love to have seen the dinosaurs in action but that would've been more of a short visit
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:01 PM

Re: What Era Would You Like To Live In?

I would have loved to be a Tudor..I am so attracted to this time..
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:02 PM

1880 to 1950 ,i never saw any of my grand parents so i would like to have met them , and the latter part of 1800s going into 1900s transport was changing ,id liked to have been a round when Horse's was the main transport ,So much about that time appeals to me Fashion too ..
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:03 PM

Definitely 50s - 60s for me - no other time will do
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 05:06 PM

Fifth century time of the Anglo Saxons, a culture that helped define England.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:15 PM

The 1920's / 30's. I'd like to have had a wild time, visited Berlin in the times of Isherwood, visited the 'Kitcat' club and seen the real life Sally Bowles.
And of course moved out before Hitler moved in.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
1880 to 1950 ,i never saw any of my grand parents so i would like to have met them , and the latter part of 1800s going into 1900s transport was changing ,id liked to have been a round when Horse's was the main transport ,So much about that time appeals to me Fashion too ..
My dad used to tell me of the time when he first left school and he worked on the horse-drawn trams. I think he used to fetch the horses from the stables at the start of the day.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:28 PM

I think I have lived in the best times from 1947 to 2014
I went to school and saw the first rocket go up in Space,
I saw the first manned flight, then the first man on the Moon.
I went to see the Beatles in quite a few different concerts.
I saw music come alive and didn't have to listen to Frank Sinatra
and could enjoy Elvis and the Mersey beat.
I saw both my children born, I now have Grandkids and am retired
so I don't have to rush off to work 5 days a week.
I couldn't want to remember anything else really.
Autumn I am sure the Dinosaurs would have loved to see you too.
But not for the same reasons
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:51 PM

I think like Sandy I will stick where I am now

In spite of having had a strange life I have survived it all, have a lovely family and the necessary things to supply my simple needs.

Had I been born in another time I may never have know the joy of being loved, seen the success of my son despite all odds or had my three beautiful grandchildren to make me smile
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:57 PM

I would like to live in 1920's Charleston times, with all those lovely dresses and Hairdo's and Vintage Cars.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top