Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:41 PM

Shoplifting

Have you ever shoplifted & if so, were you caught?

I did as a kid, for kicks, but only a couple of times. Once was because of being talked into it by my friend at 11 years old. We actually got taken into a room, questioned, then taken to a police station. My friend, the one who talked me into it was crying the whole time. I didn't but was scared out of my wits.
Our parents were called. Luckily the desk cop was a sympathetic one & this was back in the 70's. I don't think they'd be so light on you today.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:46 PM

Re: Shoplifting

Over here is packed with shoplifters, its a way of life, of earning money !!
Its way out of control
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 04:50 PM

No I haven't and couldn't. I did once walk out of Boots with some little girl baby clothes hanging on my sons pushchair I hung them there to look at things lower down the rail than went of with them . No one spotted me and I was able to rush back in and put them back.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:21 PM

When I was around that age, my friend (who moved to America) wanted us both to take something from Woolworths. They had low open counters at the time. She took a plastic animal but I didn't steal anything: was too afraid to. She got caught and I think we were released with fleas in our ears.

I'd have been devastated if the police and our families were ever told!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:28 PM

Guilty as charged AC, a well known company called Woolworth s had a sweety counter (Candy) and im ashamed to say that i did once take a couple of said comestibles.

Strange even in my dotage i have guilt over this.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Guilty as charged AC, a well known company called Woolworth s had a sweety counter (Candy) and im ashamed to say that i did once take a couple of said comestibles.

Strange even in my dotage i have guilt over this.
Likewise Nom, I stole a plastic water pistol and I didn't rest for about 6 months afterwards.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:34 PM

My goodness - what a difference to todays lot !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:38 PM

I often think that I contributed to the demise of Woolworths..

I would help myself to ''pick and mix'' on a regular basis..

I am sure I wasn't the only one...
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 06:56 PM

Never thought of stealing even when poor and had no money.
The thought of getting a bigger clip around the earhole than I got
normally put me off anything like that.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 07:29 PM

No, have never shoplifted. I was a proper little goody-goody when a child.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top