Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 10:25 PM

Re-sealing bags.

You know those resealable bags e.g. some cheeses,
dog treats, etc, why do they always put the cut off dotted line so close to the plastic resealable bit, so there is hardly anything to grip to pull the bag open once you've cut the top off? It really bugs me!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 11:15 PM

Re: Re-sealing bags.

Not only that, I find if you have to put it in the freezer the zipper part doesn't want to work anymore. Maybe I buy the cheap ones.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 01:16 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
Not only that, I find if you have to put it in the freezer the zipper part doesn't want to work anymore. Maybe I buy the cheap ones.
We don't get zippers on ours, AC! We have to pinch them all the way along to close them.

Mups, can't you cut a bit further away? My moan about them is that so often they are really hard to seal properly anyway.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 01:55 AM

That's the kind I meant sorry. They won't pinch after awhile & it's very annoying. We have zippers too.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
You know those resealable bags e.g. some cheeses,
dog treats, etc, why do they always put the cut off dotted line so close to the plastic resealable bit, so there is hardly anything to grip to pull the bag open once you've cut the top off? It really bugs me!
I was only think that as I tried to seal the packet of blood-and-bone after it fell over following my first attempt depositing the content on the lawn
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 12:08 PM

I bet you cursed Meg. They are stupid, fiddly things sometimes aren't they.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 12:25 PM

The smaller they are the worst they are, drive you up the wall.
Some of the modern plasters (band aids across the western water) are similar in torment, you have to find the split to separate the covering from the actual plaster, no marking to tell you where it is, manys the time I nearly bled to death in the shed after a cut trying to separate the two. As I'm always saying, it's backwards we're going.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 01:10 PM

What is the point of re-sealable bags? the idea of sealing them is to keep the food vacuum packed, and once you have broken the seal you will never be able to get all the air out of the bag when you seal it again.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-05-2014, 03:27 PM

Stops cheese going dry.
Ziplock bags are the best thing, had them for years in the U.S. took ages for us to get them, I used to bring back loads with me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

11-05-2014, 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
The smaller they are the worst they are, drive you up the wall.
Some of the modern plasters (band aids across the western water) are similar in torment, you have to find the split to separate the covering from the actual plaster, no marking to tell you where it is, manys the time I nearly bled to death in the shed after a cut trying to separate the two. As I'm always saying, it's backwards we're going.

I'm so glad its not only me Jem. I know exactly what you mean.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top