Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 03:06 PM

JML Argggghhh

The saga is as follows:-

Monday get e-mail that an item, 'pasta boat' (for cooking pasta in microwave) was on special offer. Looked handy and was around a fiver so decided to order. Before placing order had a quick look to see if there was anything else could use. Decided to add one of those vacuum food saver thingies along with a bumper pack of extra rolls of bags.

Tuesday place order and get mails to say, in sequence, that my order has been received, has been processed, and has been despatched to arrive the following morning ie Wednesday

Tuesday evening telephone call to say that sorry, the rolls are out of stock, will not be back in stock until Friday or even maybeMonday next, and that the rest of my order was being held back until these were back in stock.

Thursday another telephone call, this time saying that the rolls are now in stock (what happened to them not being in stock until Friday at the earliest? BUT, now the pasta boat is out of stock, and furthermore was not being re-ordered!!!!!

I asked why, if it was in stock on Tuesday, why was it not retained for me until my order could be completed. Not their policy. So I told them, hard luck, because that 'policy' had cost them the complete order, which I no longer wanted (and have actually just refused delivery of) and quite possibly also cost them the possibility of my ordering anything from them in future.

Am so angry at the moment.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 03:24 PM

Re: JML Argggghhh

Understand that - cant be messed around either, I always end by saying you've lost a customer.
They really do need to get their act together !
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 06:04 PM

Update, and in the words of the great Victor Meldrew, "I don't believe it"! Ten minutes ago had a phone call from JML! 'Sorry but there appears to be a failed delivery on your recent order' and did I want to arrange for a new delivery slot?

Well after a few seconds of my spluttering, I asked what was the point of my having signed a form stating I had 'refused' delivery because I no longer wanted the goods, if they were then going to try and arrange a new delivery slot? Also, what was the point of my having sent them an e-mail hours earlier, annotating my reasons for no longer wanting the goods, and explaining that I would no longer be dealing with them, if it was obviously going to be ignored. Furthermore told them that not only should the company brush up on its customer relations skills, but that it should also attempt to improve its internal communications skills.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-05-2014, 06:07 PM

Ggrrr - makes me angry just reading it !
I've been through similar so many times
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 12:12 AM

Me too Patsy. These incompetent people make me so angry and it seems so widespread now.

Daisymay, I wouldn't be at all surprised if you haven't heard the last of them yet.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-05-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I wouldn't be at all surprised if you haven't heard the last of them yet.
Oh yes, they will be back, and how did you pay if it was by credit card you might find they've debited your card and it will be a heck of a job to get them to put a credit on it.

And what about all the time you've spent sending e-mails and talking on the phone, what's your time worth what ever it is it must be at least £6.80 per hour (Min wage) try invoicing them for £6.80 and see what happens
daisymay
South Wales Valleys

10-05-2014, 02:40 PM

I actually received this morning quite a 'grovelling' e-mail apologising profusely for the whole debacle, assuring me that money will be refunded within five days, and also that my e-mail to them will be passed on to the relevant people.

We shall see!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

10-05-2014, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
I actually received this morning quite a 'grovelling' e-mail apologising profusely for the whole debacle, assuring me that money will be refunded within five days, and also that my e-mail to them will be passed on to the relevant people.

We shall see!
Well that's something - usually it drags on and on .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top