Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 06:29 PM

Turn Right

Do you hate it when the driver in front approaches the give way lines, at a side road T junction, to turn right onto a main road. They stay about three feet away from the centre line and about the same from the give way lines. You want to turn left, and there is no traffic coming from the right on the main road, but there is continuous traffic coming from the left on the main road preventing the car in front turning right.
Because the car in front is positioned so far in from both sets of lines, you can't squeeze through between the car in front and the kerb to make a simple left turn, by the time the car in front has made their manoeuvre there is now continuous traffic coming from the right on the main road, preventing you from turning left.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 06:38 PM

Re: Turn Right

Tell me that again
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Do you hate it when the driver in front approaches the give way lines, at a side road T junction, to turn right onto a main road. They stay about three feet away from the centre line and about the same from the give way lines. You want to turn left, and there is no traffic coming from the right on the main road, but there is continuous traffic coming from the left on the main road preventing the car in front turning right.
Because the car in front is positioned so far in from both sets of lines, you can't squeeze through between the car in front and the kerb to make a simple left turn, by the time the car in front has made their manoeuvre there is now continuous traffic coming from the right on the main road, preventing you from turning left.
I know exactly what you mean and it really annoys me that either people are not being taught to move over to what we all called the "crown" of the road or they can't be flippin' bothered!

Inconsiderate sods!!

I always try my best to avoid this as much as possible if it's me at the front.
It's good driving practise as far as I'm concerned but, like the ones that approach a roundabout from your right and then turn right without indicating, I'm pretty sure that 40% of 'em do this purely to annoy!!

I've even seen Police Cars do it! stevmk2
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 06:57 PM

There are dozens of things that perfect drivers such as we get annoyed about, that example being just one. The other really bad one of course is other drivers actually being on the same road as us, isn't that just the worst bad habit ever.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 07:06 PM

Don't think it's about driving, it's consideration for other road users free passage, when I'm in this position, I consider what's going on behind as well as in front, and make as much space available as possible.
Jimmy
Lancashire
Jimmy is male  Jimmy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 07:08 PM

I see it regular, but a different scenario, I get stuck behind one of the fools every day turning right from the left hand lane of a one way street. There is often a queue behind them waiting to turn left.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 07:34 PM

Saw a policeman yesterday, driving a police van, with the right hand on the steering wheel clutching a drinks can. Bet he went on to nick someone doing the same thing!
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 08:29 PM

Well done spitty, you have written a post which is immediately understandable and something most of us can relate to.
In return for your efforts you have receivedincredulity, sarcasm, misinformation & satire.
LUVVIT.
Ain’t life grand!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 08:30 PM

Drivers who find it just too much damn trouble to indicate, and leave you trying to second guess their direction. AAARGGH!! What is it with them? Have they had their fingers chopped off or something?
Curmudgeon
Surrey UK
Curmudgeon is male  Curmudgeon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-05-2014, 08:57 PM

No one else out there drives as well as I, so I feel perfectly entitled to treat them with total distain. Saves all that getting upset stuff !

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top