Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 04:57 PM

Are You A Chatterer or Reader?

If you're in a waiting room, are you the type to sit there open faced & chat with anyone? Or do you reach for the nearest magazine? I'll wimp out & say it depends upon my mood. Also depends on what I'm seeing the doctor for.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:02 PM

Re: Are You A Chatterer or Reader?

With me it's all about how I rate the others. I'm quite prepared to chat but some people sit there poker faced and that puts me off trying to strike up a conversation.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:13 PM

If someone speaks to me I am happy to chat but I rarely start conversations these days far too many don't want to talk, not even to say good morning or afternoon.
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:19 PM

I can usually tell if someone is friendly, usually by eye contact and how they react to it, if they smile back then I may start a conversation as I hate being in a waiting room when there feels like an atmosphere and you can almost hear a pin drop, also having a natter passes the time
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:21 PM

I'll smile and if its a smashing smile back, I'll talk .....
Some people want to talk, may not have the chance, so I'll always oblige, if they're friendly ....
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
With me it's all about how I rate the others. I'm quite prepared to chat but some people sit there poker faced and that puts me off trying to strike up a conversation.
Same as you Alan.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:27 PM

I can't read in waiting rooms so generally have a chat to anyone who wants to and if no takers - I just wait.
There are some miserable folk around!!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:46 PM

Same as others. Take a book or magazine to read. Usually patients wait with family members or children, not often loners like me, so not much opportunity to have a chat.

I do, however, talk to people at bus stops. Quite sociable in that respect.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 05:59 PM

Its very rare there's anyone in our waiting room when I go! even though you can never get an appointment when you want one.

having said that at a bus stop I will say hello, and before I know it I've got their life history, Hubby says its something to do with my face. I am a chatty person, but when I'm on a bus I like to be quiet with my thoughts, and don't like the person next to me constantly yattering away, about inane things like the weather and the cost of food!
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
I can't read in waiting rooms so generally have a chat to anyone who wants to and if no takers - I just wait.
There are some miserable folk around!!
Aint that the truth !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top