Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:29 PM

Holiday romances

What do you think of the 45 year old woman in the papers who married a young Gambian toyboy? After they married she had to keep flying out there to see her 'husband' because she couldn't get him a Visa but very quickly the romance faded because he met someone younger.
Now, three months after their divorce she has been out to Gambia again, met another toy boy lover and is now going to marry this one. She says "Of course I know he might be using me, but I'm prepared to take that chance".
Her family have disowned her but she swears this is 'true love' and is already engaged to him now.

What is it with these women, I really don't understand their mentality. Maybe quite a few of us had holiday romances when we were younger, but this woman is in a different league. Why do they want to marry a virtual stranger?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:33 PM

Re: Holiday romances

Sounds like the poor woman is just desperate to be married ! Rather crazy though, IMO.
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What do you think of the 45 year old woman in the papers who married a young Gambian toyboy? After they married she had to keep flying out there to see her 'husband' because she couldn't get him a Visa but very quickly the romance faded because he met someone younger.
Now, three months after their divorce she has been out to Gambia again, met another toy boy lover and is now going to marry this one. She says "Of course I know he might be using me, but I'm prepared to take that chance".
Her family have disowned her but she swears this is 'true love' and is already engaged to him now.

What is it with these women, I really don't understand their mentality. Maybe quite a few of us had holiday romances when we were younger, but this woman is in a different league. Why do they want to marry a virtual stranger?
I know..it's embarassing..read about it all the time in women's magazines..how they have been conned out of their money..Her 62...him 22!!

Saw it a lot in Turkey and Tunisia...wrinkled old hags walking hand in hand with a 25 year old..

Cringe, and double cringe!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:46 PM

Not just women Mups, blokes go to Thailand seeking brides. do wonder if these people are trying to recreate their youth.Of course some will be taken for a ride by those wanting in to Britain, im sure there must be others that the process has had the desired result of a happy relationship.

My decision was " Once bitten twice shy", but im comfortable in my own skin.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:46 PM

It's quite sad isn't it, delusional too in many cases. Although would we be saying that about a man in his 50s with a woman in her 20s ?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:51 PM

Heard of 'so many' cases like this Mups - it is desperation which is very sad as it usually ends in tears ......
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 01:56 PM

We had a spate, a few years ago..of men I worked with..getting into a ''Russian Brides marriage site''

They went over..and bought the most stunningly beautiful Russian girls back with them...a lot younger too..

They married them..but none of the marriages lasted..it seemed that once these ladies were here, they had other ideas!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 02:14 PM

She carnt think much of herself,giving herself so freely ,Aids comes to mind .
lilac
West yorks uk

04-05-2014, 02:20 PM

I always wondered how these men conducted themselves when they took their soon-to-be brides to their homes for the first time..

Would they do the old yawning trick..and then place one arm around her shoulder??

Or say..''time for bed?'''...

I know this is an awful thing to say..but one of the guys was so pig ugly..he couldn't get a girlfriend here..

Ugh!!
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Someone locally who we know went to Thailand - he is 60 and brought back a Thai girl aged about 23, married her. It lasted about a year and she went off with a younger chap. Could be she did it to get a visa.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top