Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 02:20 PM

The most painful illness/injury..

Had a tooth out this morning after having a painful abcess..it hurt..but I can only say that the most painful thing was 4 broken ribs after a car accident..If you breathed..it hurt..If you turned over in your sleep..it hurt..Of course I never do things by half..I got a bad cold..sneezing was agony
What was yours??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 02:23 PM

Re: The most painful illness/injury..

Same as you - I have a condition that causes extreme rib pain, lasts 2 days - starts to fade on the 3rd day (usually) - it is awful.
Hubs has to put my seat belt on, as that can start it off !
lilac
West yorks uk
lilac is female  lilac has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 02:29 PM

Mine was broken ribs..I feel sorry for you Patsy..mine healed..but for a while afterwards the pain would come back..It took at least 5 years for me to feel OK!

There is nothing that the hospital can do..they can't put them in plaster..you just have to get on with it..and take mind numbing pain killers..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 02:52 PM

Mine had to be Plantar Fasciitis I could even feel it through the pain I get with my MS so that had to be agony. Still comes and goes and I can't wear normal shoes sadly or it starts up badly again.
lilac
West yorks uk

03-05-2014, 02:56 PM

I must admit I had to look that up...sounds horrendous..I have had trouble with my feet..you don't realise how much you miss them..until they don't work..
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 03:50 PM

Post procedure pancreatitis ....extremely painful and potentially life threatening.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 04:00 PM

I used to have quite severe back trouble and that was painful when you moved about. There were times I used to crawl about the house as it was too painful to stand up.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 04:02 PM

All pain is a bloomin pain - all I know is, I've got too much of it !
susiejaeger
Chatterbox
Essex, UK
susiejaeger is female  susiejaeger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 04:03 PM

I had a Prolapsed Disc. back in 1992, where I could not even sit up, had to lay on my back for a month, I was suppose to have had surgery, but it never happened, now its coming back again.

Also recently had two lots of Kidney Stones, where I was doubled over in pain.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-05-2014, 05:48 PM

Same as Patsy, in my case. I've had so many operations and other things wrong, that I cannot pinpoint which was the most painful. Unless I count the surgery I had in January where I accused the surgeons of having a go at me with chainsaws...then that would go waaaaay on top.

My hand fracture last year...the night I had the fall I was awake at night with a drill like pain.

My elbow fracture...a hospital doctor aspirated the joint. Had me crying in pain during the procedure.

Uveitis, and ophthalmic shingles. That scored exceedingly high on the pain factor. I was apparently days from permanent eye damage, according to Moorfields, because it was incorrectly diagnosed before. A virus first, then an infection diagnosed over the phone and given antibiotics. But of course what I really needed was the meds for the shingles. A visit to the gp on Christmas Eve, with one massive spot on my forehead, confirmed it. I was packed straight off to Moorfields and given the medication immediately to start work on the virus. Then 11 months of steroid drops in my eyes. That was a horrible year.

Through all this I have the rheumatoid and the neuropathy (burning tingling electric shock feelings in the toes).

Still, at least I'm still alive!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top