Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:34 PM

Elderly Care

So much upsetting news lately and now we have gross negligence and abuse in care homes.
The news at 6 was shocking - surely the answer to this is to have cameras in every room, so that these so called carers can be monitored ...... It would put an immediate stop to the abuse ......
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:37 PM

Re: Elderly Care

It might, Patsy, or it could turn into a sort geriatric 'Big Brother'. Not I would want a camera in my room - I value my privacy. Some homes are really dreadful though.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Don't understand really. Have you seen the abuse, how will it ever be stopped ?
I would rather know a camera is there to protect my loved one or meself ...
HTB
Lanc's
HTB is male  HTB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
It might, Patsy, or it could turn into a sort geriatric 'Big Brother'. Not I would want a camera in my room - I value my privacy. Some homes are really dreadful though.
totally agree.............H
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Don't understand really. Have you seen the abuse, how will it ever be stopped ?
I would rather know a camera is there to protect my loved one or meself ...
I see your point, Patsy, and I do agree - it is dreadful. But the thought of a camera in my room gives me the shudders.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-04-2014, 06:49 PM

The 2 cases I witnessed tonight, were sussed because relatives were concerned and put the camera there - the abuse was truly shocking, now - at least it has come to light.....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:59 PM

It should be a criminal offence with the possibility of a prison sentence.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
It should be a criminal offence with the possibility of a prison sentence.
It already is - 'common assault'/'Assault & battery'/ 'Grievous bodily harm'.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 07:26 PM

Perhaps the answer is not to have rooms occupied by one person. , but in twos so there's always a witness.
Having said that an old aunt was in a room with another lady who would kick out when ever she could at my Aunt.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 07:42 PM

These episodes are really failures of management, so management must bear the same responsibility and criminal culpability as the perpetrators for these (thankfully rare ) episodes of wilful cruelty.

There are a few bad apples in every barrel and these must be weeded out and prosecuted, but let us not tar all with the same brush as there are many thousands of fantastic staff who do sterling work of a type most of us wouldn't want....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top