Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 01:24 PM

Subway going Halal!!

Just what is this country coming to. It is bad enough that New Zealand lamb is 'apparently' now all slaughtered Halal style. But Subway have just announced that due to 'pressure from Muslim customers' they are replacing all bacon and ham products with turkey substitutes (think the stuff that Norfolk guy sells) and also that other meats will in future be slaughtered Halal style. So no more Subways for me then. Why on earth should we continue to succumb to the constant pressure from this minority group??
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 01:31 PM

Re: Subway going Halal!!

Fed up too - they can keep it !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 01:32 PM

I am as you would imagine all for religious freedom and people being able to practice their religion in whatever way they want but this is not fair on the rest of the population at all. There are (here) plenty of Muslim takeaways all run using Halal meats. I cannot see why subway would need to change how they interact with their customers in this way. Big mistake IMO.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 03:25 PM

Any thoughts.....I don't go in there very often but if this is true then it will be less often, maybe never.
Isn't halal a very inhumane way to kill animals....apologies to the vegetarians amongst us.
I haven't read the whole article.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alal-meat.html
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Any thoughts.....I don't go in there very often but if this is true then it will be less often, maybe never.
Isn't halal a very inhumane way to kill animals....apologies to the vegetarians amongst us.
I haven't read the whole article.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...alal-meat.html
Theres a thread about this gal, just a couple of hours ago, wake up - theres a good lass
Its in 'Grumpy'
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 03:29 PM

Oh sorry I'm trying to do 10 things at once here!!

Can I delete it?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

30-04-2014, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Oh sorry I'm trying to do 10 things at once here!!

Can I delete it?
I wouldn't concern yourself - it will get 'merged'
cranberry
Notts, UK

30-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Ok then...
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:40 PM

Well - they just lost my custom! I do not want religion foisted upon me in this 'backdoor' fashion. Even some of our hospitals are doing this now - and not declaring it to the patients!
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
Just what is this country coming to. It is bad enough that New Zealand lamb is 'apparently' now all slaughtered Halal style. But Subway have just announced that due to 'pressure from Muslim customers' they are replacing all bacon and ham products with turkey substitutes (think the stuff that Norfolk guy sells) and also that other meats will in future be slaughtered Halal style. So no more Subways for me then. Why on earth should we continue to succumb to the constant pressure from this minority group??
Is that right, Daisymay, NZ Lamb is now all halal ? If that is so it is disgusting. What about our freedom to choose ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top