Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Charity Shops

Do you enjoy a rummage in a charity shop or do you think there are too many of them and they harm other shops?
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:02 AM

Re: Charity Shops

I love them and buy almost all my clothes from them - I just love a bargain
Honey
Chatterbox
Lancashire
Honey is female  Honey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:07 AM

I love 'em! We no longer have department stores and so I rely on the charity shops to still find good quality branded clothes. Recently my 3 piece suite needed replacing, we don't have furniture stores either unless you go out of town so I checked the local children's charity shop and found a lovely pair of leather 2 seater sofas, snapped them up and they were delivered free the next day!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:13 AM

Yes, I must confess I sometimes enjoy a rummage around. Only thing is, I would like to see one or two animal charity shops as well as Oxfam, Cancer, British Heart, Help the Aged etc etc. I would certainly support Dog's Trust or PDSA for example.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 12:16 AM

The PDSA do have charity shops but not many. In Macclesfield we have one called Windyways which is a local animal sanctuary and the shop is well supported with donations and is always busy. They also have a separate furniture outlet.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 06:59 AM

I've been an addict for years and have bought some wonderful bargains. I volunteer in one too.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 07:02 AM

I used to use them a lot MIND was a particular favourite but prices in them now especially Oxfam put me right off. Considering the stuff they are selling was free to them to then charge like wounded bulls for it seems very wrong.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 07:21 AM

I like to rummage in a select few. Won't support Oxfam - the money doesn't go where it should - or Cancer ones, British Heart or any of the others that torture animals.

I do support the local Hospice, Air Ambulance, Age UK, PDSA and Cats Protection.

Have had some wonderful bargains from them.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 07:51 AM

They seem to be everywhere these days, taking over shops that have folded due to the recession. Do not look in them myself, but used to take items to both the Marie Curie and Macmillan shops, as i was impressed with the care and professionalism they gave to my sister.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 09:54 AM

I like to send my clothes to charity shops but don't go in them myself.

I am not one for mooching around but I do look in the windows as I am passing. Yes there are a lot of them around taking over from shops that have shut down.

But they must be making enough money for the charities or they would not stay open.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top