Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 09:50 PM

TV planner for a night.

Suppose as a special treat you were to choose an evenings viewing on TV what you choose say from 6pm to 12 midnight on a Saturday night.

Here's mine, greedy git that I am.
6pm -7pm. How to cook a superb evening meal for your Husband/Male Partner. The Wife would like this kind of program while she's waiting for me to come home from the pub.
7pm -8pm. Live horse racing from Sandown's evening meeting (While the Wife's cooking the meal)
8pm-10pm. A good action adventure film.
10pm - 11pm. A full hour of a new version of 'Call my Bluff' hosted by Alexander Armstrong.
11pm -12pm. The Hammer Horror Hour, a one hour horror mystery.
They I'd be off to bed and have another nice dream.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-04-2014, 11:14 PM

Re: TV planner for a night.

Hmmmm...

6-7 A comedy, say Only Fools and Horses

7-8 The Professionals

8-10 A new Midsomer Murders / new Lewis

10-11 A new Spooks (let's imagine that's possible)

11-12 Have I Got More News For You, followed by tomorrow's weather
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:26 AM

Yes I'd watch your choice Jazzi, I love the murder mysteries too. 'Call my Bluff' was a favourite of the wife's back in the old days, I have to say she was very good at it, she called mine when I asked her to marry me. She adores Alexander Armstrong, she says she could eat him without salt.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:35 AM

Emmerdale
Endeavour
Lewis
Miss Marple
Gardeners world

That would keep us both happy
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:38 AM

Endeavour

Person of Interest

Crackonory

Scarlet Pimpernell

And/or ... Have I got news, QI, Would I Lie and Mock the Week (all alternativly each
evening).
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:56 AM

Anything about true crime
Friends or Frasier or Soap or Ever Decreasing Circles
Anything historical without daft re-enactments
A believable British drama without swearing, shouting or corny plots
The best of Strictly Come Dancing

That should take me to well past my bedtime.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 12:52 PM

Del Boy
Call My Bluff
Mary Tyler Moore Show
Strictly Come Dancing
Del Boy

Nothing heavy for Pats
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

27-04-2014, 10:58 PM

Just seem a bit of 'The Crimson Field' on TV, and I liked it. BUT... isn't it strange to see a part of history being wiped away in front of your eyes, this is supposed to be the first World War by the way. When a large group of soldiers fall out for a break only one chap out of the whole group lights up a fag, then quickly turns his back to the camera, they must have had a very good anti smoking campaign going on then, far more successful than they have today. At that rate I think the BBC would only use up 5 Woodbines for the whole series. Must watch out for further episodes and maybe I'll see a few more naughty smokers, if you're going to do it do it right, practically every soldier involved in WW1 smoked... like troopers.
I also noticed a Nurse who was engaged and had her ring on a gold chain around he neck, the single stone ring was a fairly modern setting unheard of in 1914.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-04-2014, 11:38 PM

Grand Design,
Masterchef,
More Creatures great and small (a documentary series about a vet),
Newsnight,
Great British Bake off,
Dancing on Ice
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2014, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Just seem a bit of 'The Crimson Field' on TV, and I liked it. BUT... isn't it strange to see a part of history being wiped away in front of your eyes, this is supposed to be the first World War by the way. When a large group of soldiers fall out for a break only one chap out of the whole group lights up a fag, then quickly turns his back to the camera, they must have had a very good anti smoking campaign going on then, far more successful than they have today. At that rate I think the BBC would only use up 5 Woodbines for the whole series. Must watch out for further episodes and maybe I'll see a few more naughty smokers, if you're going to do it do it right, practically every soldier involved in WW1 smoked... like troopers.
I also noticed a Nurse who was engaged and had her ring on a gold chain around he neck, the single stone ring was a fairly modern setting unheard of in 1914.
And - don't they go on about 'realism' (cuh)
Watched Del Boy last night, laughed from start to finish
The one where they go to a fancy dress party and end up at a wake - dressed as Batman and Robin ! Priceless
Tonight its 'Rooney O' fer me

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top