Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 01:54 PM

Holby

I thought there was already a Holby thread but cannot find it if there is.

Just wondering, would anyone want to be treated by any of those three young doctors?

Isn't it amusing that the wannabe psychiatrist cannot see that her new 'bestie' and flat mate is a psychopath?

That Alastair one always looks slightly demented, something about his wide open eyes.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 03:21 PM

Re: Holby

I agree. But Zosia annoyed me when she crashed her way into sharing the home with Arthur, and then brought in the 3rd bloke! And used Arthur for sex too: what a cow.

I love Holby and been watching it from the beginning.

Like Serena, tho she can be a bit tough. Sorry Ric has left for a bit - hope he comes back.

Wasn't that killing of Bonnie just awful? I actually gasped out loud in shock, saying, woah, didn't see that coming!!!
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-04-2014, 05:15 PM

I knew something had to happen to stop the farce of a wedding. I feel really sorry for Jac. Have said elsewhere that she has built this huge wall around herself to shield her from her emotions, and in view of her history can you blame her? Johnny says he cannot 'love' her because she finds it so hard to allow herself to feel and express how she feels, surely he is not so insensitive that he is incapable of wondering why she finds it so hard, and trying to help her overcome it.

As for Bonnie, all along I got the feeling that her pursuit of Johnnie was more out of desperation (ie her approaching 30th and still single), than actual deep feelings for him, and she dragged him into her scenario of the two of them living happily ever after. Think about it, he says he loves her, after she had threatened to flounce off, and within weeks the wedding is all arranged! Nope, never was going to happen.

Wonder how long it will take him to realise that his 'grief' is actually a manifestation of his shock at both how she was killed, when she was killed and seeing it happen.

He is blaming Jac but he could also blame himself, both for being the reason she was crossing the road, and for agreeing to help during the op, he could have easily said no I am not really here. And how about blaming the brother for his bogus condition which turned out to be real?

This old romantic believes that they will end up together.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2014, 09:21 AM

When I had a TV I used to watch Holby regularly but lost touch when we went digital and I threw out the box. Seen a couple of episodes recently on Iplayer and have not been impressed - it seems to have turned into Coronation Street.

Like Jazzi - I missed Ric !
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 02:24 AM

Like Silver, I no longer have a TV, but I wouldn't miss an episode of Holby City as I love it and watch it on BBC iPlayer every Tuesday.

Tonight's episode was brilliant and, anybody with a brain cell can see that Jac loves Jonny and he her, so I think this will eventually work out.

Poor Jac has been emotionally starved of affection, which is no surprise when you see back about her mother re-entering her life, and now she's back again. No wonder she's been so cold-hearted and I'm hoping that Jonny picks up on that and bonds a relationship with him and Emma.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2014, 07:42 AM

I thought her mother was a ghost, as Jac didn't seem surprised to see her there, only telling her to keep away from her. That bit confused me. I know the mother made a comment about being a grandmother, but there was no further dialogue between them. Odd, me thought.

Maybe Jonnie does love her but can't forgive for causing Bonnie's death, and is frustrated? He certainly has rage coming from him in waves.

What about the new anaesthetist? Are we ready for another Malick?!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top