Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 03:55 PM

Bathing the kids

Did you ever used to hop in the bath with your kids, or have them in with you? At what age do you think this ought to stop? (I mean the childs age of course).
I only ever had one child, and I frequently used to let him come in the bubbles with me when he was little, I never thought anything of it. Then one day he said to me that his friend had told him his Mummy looked liked she had two cherries stuck on the ends!! I was stunned to realise the little horrors giggled about their Mum's like that, and he was growing up faster than I realised. Needless to say, he was banned from the bathroom after that.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Re: Bathing the kids

No they were my nieces and nephews so although we are a cuddly family we did have boundaries very early on, just need a wrong interpretation of something and we could have lost custody.

Dogs went in with them though on various occasions, not always intentionally !
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 05:15 PM

I recall when I was fostered and suddenly having 4 brothers ! The sight of that tin bath made me shudder as we all lined up to take our turn !
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
I recall when I was fostered and suddenly having 4 brothers ! The sight of that tin bath made me shudder as we all lined up to take our turn !
That brings back memories Patsy, we had to queue as well for the Saturday evening bath in front of the fire, Mum first then Dad, then my sister and finally me and my brother together. Afterwards we played board games and had toast and Marmite for supper.....

However I digress, regarding the OP my two girls bathed with me occasionally from when they were babies to around two years old when they started to become, how should I put it.... over curious.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 06:49 PM

Well Barry at least you knew who you were dealing with, I hadn't quite got to know the boys when I was faced with that tin bath
Like the sound of the toast - will soon be time for me toast and cheese
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 08:48 PM

My grandson, coming up 3, bathes with mum or dad depending who is available or on his own if they shower. I never had mine in with me, I liked to at least have that time on my own..... I never liked the idea of them sitting and at times drinking my bath water!!
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 09:24 PM

I never took my son in the bath with me, a relaxing bath was the only time I got any peace and a little time to myself. No doubt anyone who takes their children into the bath or shower with them will have the PC brigade screaming child abuse if they ever find out.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 10:09 PM

Having had twins, they were always bathed together which meant I could have a leisurely, relaxing bath all to myself
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 10:21 PM

That was never something my wife did and I certainly wouldn't have. People bring up their children in different ways, who am I to judge.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-04-2014, 10:29 PM

From what I've noticed children usually Pee in the bath.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top