Join for free
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 11:52 AM

Gran Torino

This wasn't a film I would have chosen myself (my son bought it around) but I found it interesting and though provoking .

The principal part is played by Clint Eastwood , an elderly man living alone in a changing world full of intolerance.

I think the story demonstrates that the elderly should not be written off and have much to give in ways which may not be obvious and can be surprising. Also that it is never to late to make amends for past misdeeds ....
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 12:42 PM

Re: Gran Torino

Saw this 2 months ago Meg, . . did'nt think much of it TBH, the ending was a foregone conclusion IMO.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-12-2009, 01:37 PM

Re: Gran Torino

I'm looking forward to this arriving on TV.
I agree nero - I've only seen a review of the film but the ending is pretty easy to guess. It doesn't matter though - after all, if you watch a war film or biography you know the ending before you start?
I think Eastwood is one of the best directors and I find it amazing that he can both act and direct in the same film

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top