Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 04:33 PM

Dear Mr. Gove

Just seen this and think it's superb! Anyone involved in teaching or with friends involved in teaching will surely feel some empathy.

http://www.pixable.com/share/5uAcH/?tracksrc=SHFAMOB3
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 05:26 PM

Re: Dear Mr. Gove

WOW - she reminds me of someone ........
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 06:34 PM

What a stupid venal diatribe. No wonder education is in trouble if such as this lady are teaching the kids.

It is my opinion that education (as we knew it) has been destroyed by four decades of Labour run education authorities dumbing down to the lowest common denominator and still is pretty much, and the bloke trying to finally stop the rot and turn it around is Mr.Gove, who is well respected for his efforts right across the political spectrum even if they won't admit it.

Another, more recent reason of course is the huge increase in population in some areas which is completely swamping the system, with many of the influx not even being able to speak English as a first language, which is yet another result of completely misguided and spiteful Labour policy over the last couple of decades.

We actually need more politicians with the qualities of Mr.Gove, not less, and less teachers with the qualities of that lady, not more...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 06:57 PM

Don't know anything about the man except he is a fan of Blair, so maybe he is a mixed up kinda man - I don't know.
The teachers delivery was good and certainly got her point across.
Would I like to see a different style of this lady, yes - but noticed years ago how teachers had changed in appearance. Its the modern way of things I guess, not my cuppa, but maybe today you've got to do whatever it takes to reach the kids.
Makes me shudder, that we have given into the youngsters a bit too much.
sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 07:30 PM

Think this tirade was by a teacher who cannot reach out to her pupils and blames everybody but her self.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
What a stupid venal diatribe. No wonder education is in trouble if such as this lady are teaching the kids.

It is my opinion that education (as we knew it) has been destroyed by four decades of Labour run education authorities dumbing down to the lowest common denominator and still is pretty much, and the bloke trying to finally stop the rot and turn it around is Mr.Gove, who is well respected for his efforts right across the political spectrum even if they won't admit it.

Another, more recent reason of course is the huge increase in population in some areas which is completely swamping the system, with many of the influx not even being able to speak English as a first language, which is yet another result of completely misguided and spiteful Labour policy over the last couple of decades.

We actually need more politicians with the qualities of Mr.Gove, not less, and less teachers with the qualities of that lady, not more...
I agree that Labour dumbed down education. But my reason for liking this is that it exudes the frustration that teachers now feel. It could have been Dear Mr. Hunt by an NHS worker, or Dear Mr. Cameron from any other government employed worker. The target culture is now a given in many government employed jobs, and I don't think it is helping the objectives.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 11:36 PM

I have heard Jess Green before on the radio she is a 'performance poet'.
Not sure if she is a teacher too although she does run workshops ...

http://www.jessgreenpoet.com/#!homepage/ce30
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 11:47 PM

So rapido, was it impromptu?.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 11:52 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
So rapido, was it impromptu?.
.... Paul Jess is a performance poet so I guess it will have been learnt 'off by heart ' as they used to say at school...
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Just as I guessed, I will sleep well then, goodnight.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top