Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 08:17 PM

TV history is made.

Here's one for the book, I was looking to buy a new small TV to have in the garden shed thing, I came across a nice little Bush HD 24" screen, with USB port, all for 159 euros. Our TV license costs 160 euros, we must be the only country in the World where the yearly license costs more than the TV, funny old World aint it.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 08:26 PM

Re: TV history is made.

Typical! Although having had nothing bigger than a 14 inch tv until a few years ago I also think it's funny that the new small tv is 24 inch! Bit like clothing sizes...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Typical! Although having had nothing bigger than a 14 inch tv until a few years ago I also think it's funny that the new small tv is 24 inch! Bit like clothing sizes...
Thats the smallest I could find Ania, and I had to try lots of places, the larger shops only do 32" as the smallest size now, I can also use this as a monitor for my macmini, it's a good size for it.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 08:53 PM

Jem a couple of years ago I bought a lovely little Panasonic . It was about 12inches with a superb picture and cost me £10 on Ebay.
It belonged to someone in a local town so I collected it and the postage didn't cost me anything.

When the TVs became digital I gave it to a charity.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 09:48 PM

It's funny that with all the technology contained within televisions, and their country of origin, we still size the box in imperial not metric, also technology aside, male genitalia seems imperial still.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin

05-04-2014, 09:59 PM

also technology aside, male genitalia seems imperial still.[/QUOTE]

That's a fact Spitty, millimeters seem so small and what man wants to belittle himself.
What's it got to do with televisions anyway?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 10:10 PM

Nowt at all, the connection was tenuous, antennas and dishes both need erection.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-04-2014, 10:11 PM

Just a quick word of warning Jem. Sheds are very often damp and damp and electrics don't go well together, especially in tv sets. Make absolutely sure there's no possibility of damp when turning the tv on. Best take the set indoors when its not in use.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->

That's very true Ania.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-04-2014, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
Here's one for the book, I was looking to buy a new small TV to have in the garden shed thing, I came across a nice little Bush HD 24" screen, with USB port, all for 159 euros. Our TV license costs 160 euros, we must be the only country in the World where the yearly license costs more than the TV, funny old World aint it.
Actually you must be about the only country in the world where you need a licence to watch TV.

I agree with SF - The really daft thing is that they have gone back to archaic inches to describe screen size when no one under 40 knows what they are talking about.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top