Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:31 AM

Crime stuff on telly

Is it me? I am sick to death of so many murders, violence, crimes, rapes, swearing, and who-dunnits on telly nowadays.
Are there any American films made without gun crime? (sorry Audrey)!

Just last night there was a brutal murder, then yet another American crime drame, followed by a film about men who beat up women, then Midsomer Murders, a play about a bloke who bumps off his wives (that was good actually), then another murder film on the movie channel.
No wonder some of todays youth's think its 'the norm', they must be totally de-sensitised.
It's either these or flippin' football - aaaggghhhh!!!

Maybe its yet another sign of old age when I'd like to see more heart-warming stuff and happy endings, instead of corpses and blood everywhere.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:54 AM

Re: Crime stuff on telly

I quite like the crime stuff as long as it's slightly sanitised or fantastical like midsummer murders, lewis and morse more to think about than be shocked by. Miss Marples and Poirots etc are brilliant.

Not a fan of the more realistic gritty ones though I don't need to see the gore nor do I need to hear the language !
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:20 AM

We was only talking last night about there not being much on the tv other than crime/murders/football. Football is ok for my husband who bless him goes and watches it on the tv upstairs and leaves me to watch a dvd in peace.

I love New Tricks which is on the same lines as Midsomer Murders or Lewis.

We have started watching the re runs of Bones which although is gruesome (don't watch it when I am eating) they are quite funny.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:41 AM

I have never seen new tricks will watch out for it !
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 07:13 PM

Oh, I must be in the minority, I watch most True Crime stuff and a lot of the 'better' crime fiction, Morse, Lewis, Rebus, Vera and now Endeavour. In fact I watch little else!
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 07:19 PM

I love the FBI true cases, and Solved and Most Evil, but I can't be doing with the fiction American crime series.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I love the FBI true cases, and Solved and Most Evil, but I can't be doing with the fiction American crime series.
No, me neither.....awful.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 08:14 PM

I have a problem with crime programs..............anything having a complicated plot and lots of characters soon loses me.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 08:22 PM

I love them all, crime, murder, mystery, never can guess who done it but I love trying, love the old horror films too, and some of the not so old ones.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 08:31 PM

I like the retro/vintage stuff, Heartbeat & have discovered Murdoch Mysteries (Canadian, humorous), Miss Fisher (New Zealand, I think) and Dr. Blake (Aussie, with Henry from Neighbours) they're a bit different and much less violent.
I do agree there's far to much crime drama and medical drama too!
Remember London's Burning and Soldier, Soldier? They were good!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top