Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 02:02 AM

Do You Rinse Dishes After Washing Them

I used to know someone who's mother never rinsed the dishes after so soaping them, just let them dry & put them away.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 07:44 AM

Re: Do You Rinse Dishes After Washing Them

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
I used to know someone who's mother never rinsed the dishes after so soaping them, just let them dry & put them away.
That's right, - there are more germs on the tea towel, so wiping them dry is just spreading the germs back onto your crockery, cutlery and saucepans etc. Washing them and letting them dry naturally on a draining board is more hygenic.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 07:52 AM

I rinse. I boil a kettle, pour into a jug, and use this to rinse items, with the hot water going back into the bowl.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 08:49 AM

I always rinse the soap off of my dishes. Cant stand the taste of Fairy Liquid. I don't dry them though I let them what I call drip dry.
One reason I would rinse them is when I do the washing up I have to
wear rubber gloves to do so as the Fairy takes my skin off my fingers
if I don't. I cant imagine eating it as well.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:05 AM

Oh definitely rubber gloves. All the time. Soap strips the skin off my fingers. I get a lot of dermatitis cuts which are pure agony, and am always putting on little plasters or white tape.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:45 AM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
That's right, - there are more germs on the tea towel, so wiping them dry is just spreading the germs back onto your crockery, cutlery and saucepans etc. Washing them and letting them dry naturally on a draining board is more hygenic.

I've heard this as well UJ, makes sense I suppose. I've also heard there are more germs on dish clothes and chopping boards than there are on the average loo seat!
Nice thought.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've heard this as well UJ, makes sense I suppose. I've also heard there are more germs on dish clothes and chopping boards than there are on the average loo seat!
Nice thought.

Jean darlin' - I have a wooden chopping board which I use for everything. To keep it 'clean' I wipe an onion or clove of garlic over it - - no germs can withstand the the juice from either of them.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:30 AM

I never dry the pots I wash them, rinse and then leave to dry before putting away.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by AutumnColour ->
That's exactly what I do with my one mug, one glass, one plate, one bowl, one knife, one fork, one spoon, one teaspoon and 4 chopsticks.

I wash then each night and by the morning they are dry ready to be used again. However the mug and teaspoon get rinsed out many, many times to cope with the innumerable cups of tea and coffee I make each day.

My visiting kids are not so frugal and I end up with a pile of washing when they visit - like 6 glasses, four plates, 4 mugs and more between a couple of them
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 11:56 AM

I always do, in hot water ,my mom did the same.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top