Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:32 PM

Let down .....

Arranged 10 days ago, for someone to take away my bed today, by 10.30. Argos delivering new one 12pm on .....
The guy just didn't show up to take my bed, I phoned him 3 times this morning, no answer. Just left me in the lurch, even though I checked with him on Friday, that all was OK for today !
After a hectic morning getting the bed ready for collection, that happens. I then had to find another source and they were great - now we are still waiting for the new bed from Argos, looks like a late night getting that ready .....
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:37 PM

Re: Let down .....

What a nuisance! But I might give him the benefit of the doubt - If you had the thumbs up from him on Friday maybe something happened to him and it was unavoidable?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:38 PM

I honestly think he had a more lucrative job come in, 'someone' could have called - even now .......
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:39 PM

Well if that's the case at least you know not to use him again and maybe you can spread the word...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

01-04-2014, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Well if that's the case at least you know not to use him again and maybe you can spread the word...
Yes I intend to do that - its an awful thing to let someone down like that
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 06:50 PM

That wasn't very nice of him, Patsy, especially if he took the coward's way out by avoiding your calls and not letting you know he was no longer interested.

Hope the new one has arrived by now.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

01-04-2014, 07:56 PM

I think before spreading the muck about him I might ring him tomorrow just in case he really did have a good reason. What if he had an accident over the weekend and is in hospital, for instance?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 11:27 PM

When i needed a Settee and chair gone . i phoned a local Sue Ryder shop who collected and even phoned an hour before to say they were on the way ..
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 11:54 PM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Arranged 10 days ago, for someone to take away my bed today, by 10.30. Argos delivering new one 12pm on .....
The guy just didn't show up to take my bed, I phoned him 3 times this morning, no answer. Just left me in the lurch, even though I checked with him on Friday, that all was OK for today !
After a hectic morning getting the bed ready for collection, that happens. I then had to find another source and they were great - now we are still waiting for the new bed from Argos, looks like a late night getting that ready .....

Well I sure hope you new one arrived in time for tonight Patsy! If you're late here tomorrow, we'll know you were cozy and having a lie in!.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

02-04-2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
I think before spreading the muck about him I might ring him tomorrow just in case he really did have a good reason. What if he had an accident over the weekend and is in hospital, for instance?
I doubt it Ania - its a business and 'someone' there could have made a call to me ......

Mups - yes it finally came - it was an awful and tiring day, but its over with now, except for the after affects, still very tired and painful. All part of life gal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top