Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 02:55 AM

Pipe Smoking

Any pipe smokers here, I have enjoyed smoking a pipe for more than 50 years. I also belong to two pipe forms ,They talk about everything that has to do with pipe smoking.
There are pipe shows each year here in the USA and in the Uk.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:22 AM

Re: Pipe Smoking

One hopes not. Thank goodness that anti social, disgusting addiction is dying along with cigarette smoking (though I agree discarded dog ends are worse than pipe smokers ash).

Less than 18% of our population still smokes now.
Teddy
U.S.A.
Teddy is male  Teddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 03:36 AM

Pipe smoking is not the same as cigarettes, I have never inhaled from my pipe.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 04:50 AM

I smoked a pipe for many years. I started smoking tobacco when I was 21. Over the years I smoked cigarettes, then a pipe and finally small cigars. Out of those I enjoyed my pipe the most..........but I don't know about other folk considering the amount of smoke given off when lighting up. I gave up smoking completely about 8 years ago.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by Teddy ->
Pipe smoking is not the same as cigarettes, I have never inhaled from my pipe.
It is a pity the people around you do not get that same choice.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:34 AM

I have never smoked a pipe myself Teddy but like the smell of some pipes I am unable to tolerate any form of smoke near me these days but I have fond memories of some pipe smokers.

I guess it isn't a popular thing to do these days but if people wish to smoke a pipe without inconveniencing others that is their choice.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 08:56 AM

Yes I used to smoke a pipe Ted matey - used to smoke Sobranie mixture but graduated onto 'clan' a pleasant aromatic tobacco that I think used to be made in Holland. I was forced to give up smoking more than twenty years ago due to medical problems - my lungs are now 'shot'.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:15 AM

Personally I don't like the smell of pipes or cigars: they both turn my stomach, literally!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 09:20 AM

I have fond memories of my grandfather smoking his pipe whilst sat in front of the old black leaded range. The aromatic smells of his pipe tobacco I can remember still..

I tried a pipe myself for a couple of years in the 70's whilst trying to cut out the fags but failed on both accounts until around five years ago when I stopped completely. I'd still stand at the side of a pipe smoker though even now just to enjoy the tobacco smells, albeit second hand.....
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 11:52 AM

I love my old pipe too Teddy, very relaxing, long may you enjoy yours.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top