Join for free
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 04:45 PM

People you are expecting running late

Awaiting arrival of one of our Services Manager to reset the noise monitoring equipment. Due at 4pm. Phoned 7 minutes before that time to say he was on his way but running ten minutes late. Sounded like he was still in the office!!

It is now 4.43 and no sign of him. Had he been here half hour ago he could have witnessed another leak from the bathroom above, coming through the still unrepaired hole! Texted and emailed the owners. Plumber will turn up a week later, just like last time.

I hate this disrespect for people's own time. I'll be cooking my supper while he's still here, at this rate.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 04:48 PM

Re: People you are expecting running late

It drives me mad too ! Hate waiting for people - I am never late ....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:41 PM

It's strange isn't it how their time appears to be more precious than yours

I am never late either and usually very early because I 'allow time for emergencies' so usually have to wait around for a while
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-03-2014, 05:48 PM

He arrived at 5, and has just this minute gone. The equipment needed calibrating. Phew, thought I'd broken the push button lead!!

I asked him how it records, thinking it was retrospective. Of course it isn't! So I'm not going to capture a slammed window unless I hear them rattling it (I sometimes get a second or so warning), and I have to be quick pressing the button. Certainly if I hear the rumbling - whatever that is - and it continues I might catch it. And I will record their visitors leaving (the noisy barstewards).
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2014, 12:32 PM

Not the type of 'sound recording' equipment used by Brighton EHO - it was switched on and I left it on all night to record the noise from the pub's (five doors away) 'live' music in the early hours of the morning.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

01-04-2014, 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Not the type of 'sound recording' equipment used by Brighton EHO - it was switched on and I left it on all night to record the noise from the pub's (five doors away) 'live' music in the early hours of the morning.
That's what I need.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 12:41 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It's strange isn't it how their time appears to be more precious than yours

I am never late either and usually very early because I 'allow time for emergencies' so usually have to wait around for a while

Oh, that is so true Meg.

Patsy, it really annoys me too. It's the same when you're waiting for a delivery. You're expected to hang about waiting for them all day long, then they'll come the minute you try to hang the washing out or pop to the loo!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 12:50 PM

Another thing about deliveries is some of them say 7am-7pm these days and expect you to sit by the front door as they run away if you don't answer within a heartbeat !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-04-2014, 10:44 PM

Exactly Julie. I agree with you.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft

03-04-2014, 10:22 AM

I was expecting a parcel from Amazon. I kept getting emails with progress, first delivery expected Friday, then changed to yesterday. Our post arrived and I thought no more would be expected, so after getting my paper and a few groceries I went to the allotment for a few hours.

What do I then get? An email saying my item had been put through my letterbox! So I packed up and dashed home, and yes, there it was.

Having a communal letterbox I was worried, as it was an expensive Blu Ray box set, newly released, of The Professionals (series 1), plus a book. Now I have to buy a player.

But what annoyed me, is that I assumed I would not get any more post, so went out. While I trust my neighbours with the post, we often have the door left open which is ideal for an opportunist.

I can't wait to get out and somehow get my own letterbox.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top