Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 10:55 PM

Panic stations

Yesterday, Mum was being extra difficult, and I came home feeling very depressed.
I decided to go and wash my car and the dogs were spending their time between playing in the garden and watching me out of the front window.
I went back in the kitchen for something and didn't realise I hadn't shut the side gate properly, which I've never done in my life before. The dogs noticed the gate blowing open and decided to toddle off out the front to see me, not realising I had gone indoors.
Next thing I knew was the youngest one yapping and dashing into the kitchen, eyes like saucers and very upset. I wondered what was wrong with her but then quickly wondered where the other 3 were. I ran outside and to my horror found the gate flapping and the dogs gone. To make matters worse, the school run was in full flight and there were people, cars, kids, and even a bus stuck in the school traffic outside. I thought they'd all be killed.
A lot of people wouldn't approach 3 dogs they didn't know, so I can't begin to tell you how very, very grateful I was to spot a man and his wife standing a couple of hundred yards away, holding my 3 dogs safely on the pavement, I could have cried. He was just about to ring the dog warden. What lovely people. Then they helped me get them back home safely and went on their way.
I think what had happened was, they thought they'd be clever and pop out to see me washing the car, but when I wasn't there they ventured a bit further but got confused with so many people walking along, and couldn't find me. Even the very aged, deaf, arthritic old gal had toddled off with them! She is so deaf she would never have heard a car coming.
Thank God it was a safe and happy ending, because what with all the problems with Mum at the moment, if I had lost my dogs as well, my son would have had to have me certified!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:09 PM

Re: Panic stations

Mups I would have been in a real panic losing three dogs . Thank goodness they were ok.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:18 PM

What a worry but with a happy ending thankfully.and lucky such good people were on hand.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:19 PM

What a shock that must have been for you Mups
Thank goodness that couple were in the right place at the right time and 'round' your dogs up for you.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:41 PM

Glad things turned out well. It happened to one of our dogs many years ago, unfortunately the outcome was not so lucky
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:43 PM

That is what amazes me, such daft stuff happens, but everything is O.K, BTW, I think it was a Cock and Hen Mups'y.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:45 PM

Better late than never.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:49 PM

Honesty is the best policy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

26-03-2014, 12:08 AM

Yes, it usually is.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-03-2014, 10:24 AM

So happy that had a happy end. And restores faith in humans to hear such a nice couple stopped to help them !

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top