Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:29 AM

Diet

Why is it that whenever my wife goes on a diet she feels i have to on one too.
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:31 AM

Re: Diet

I think she probably thinks it is easier to cook the same meal for two rather than two meals.

It may also be that you are supporting her, which I am sure you are.

Or you could say if she has to suffer so do you.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
You can always cook your own meals Bill
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:37 AM

Moral support?

I suggest you build up a stash somewhere so you can nibble away out of sight...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 11:49 AM

Envy usually, well in my case it is, she cannot bear to watch me eating anything I like without putting on an ounce, although during her diet time I tend to make a suffering face while I'm eating, especially with cream cakes and chocolates. When she starts a diet it's usually with my daughter and the pair of them watch each other like hawks. In fairness to her when she does diet she sticks with the program until she reaches her goal, but it's not easy living with her during that time, I usually keep out of it for the duration.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
Moral support?

I suggest you build up a stash somewhere so you can nibble away out of sight...
Totally agree with this

sue_arnold
UK
sue_arnold is female  sue_arnold has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by billclay ->
Maybe she thinks your are a fat slob and she is starting a diet to encourage to lose some weight
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by sue_arnold ->
Maybe she thinks your are a fat slob and she is starting a diet to encourage to lose some weight

But what if we're comfortable being slobs??? I don't do diets - I LIKE my food!!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 12:52 PM

Have to say when I embarked on my diet I asked my husband to join me and together we have been far more successful than if I had done it alone.

If he now wants sugar he eats it at work, as I am type 2 diabetic he knows he would be tempting me to bring it home.

It's about team work as marriage should be I think

Also misery loves company is the other reason
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-03-2014, 01:55 PM

I remember when my missus lost 2 stones in weight, she stuck to her guns and I was very proud of her. It wouldn't have mattered a bit to me if she was as fat as ten barrels, but it was herself who wanted to lose the weight, she's 10 and a half stones now and only when she goes above 11 will she diet. We always laugh and joke about it and never take it seriously, your health is your wealth and if you're happy the way you are well and good.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top