Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:11 AM

Can anyone explain...

...this "no make up" thing?

I'm happy to support anyone's campaign to raise money for cancer charities, but as someone who never wears make up I fail to see how this idea has caught on. Are people really that interested in seeing how someone who wears make up looks without it?

Or is this the prelude to revealing all...
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:26 AM

Re: Can anyone explain...

Is that what they're doing, wearing no make up to raise money - that must take some doing poor things, really going out of their way aren't they - pathetic lot !
As for revealing all - most of them do that too
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Lots of women wouldn't like to be seen without make-up - some wouldn't even put the bins out without it This campaign is an "I dare you to be seen without make-up" way of raising money for cancer research and people nominate someone to go without make-up and when they do their friends donate to the charity.

If it raises money for a good cause and people are having fun I see no harm in it
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Is that what they're doing, wearing no make up to raise money - that must take some doing poor things, really going out of their way aren't they - pathetic lot !

Where, where???
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 10:41 AM

Originally Posted by orangutan ->
...this "no make up" thing?

I'm happy to support anyone's campaign to raise money for cancer charities, but as someone who never wears make up I fail to see how this idea has caught on. Are people really that interested in seeing how someone who wears make up looks without it?

Or is this the prelude to revealing all...

Daft - but harmless.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:00 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
That's a bit harsh, Patsy. At least they are apparently raising money for charity.

Originally Posted by myrtle ->
Lots of women wouldn't like to be seen without make-up - some wouldn't even put the bins out without it This campaign is an "I dare you to be seen without make-up" way of raising money for cancer research and people nominate someone to go without make-up and when they do their friends donate to the charity.

If it raises money for a good cause and people are having fun I see no harm in it
Yes, myrtle, I had a friend who was one who wouldn't dare to step out the door without her make up. I guess as a dare it makes more sense, as that is the challenge rather than the implication that others would be interested.
Originally Posted by Mups ->
Daft - but harmless.
Quite.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:01 AM

I'm only letting off steam Ania, keep yer make up on gal .....
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:27 AM

I too had a friend who wouldn't go out without her make-up and hair done to perfection, even to put out the washing.
It would have been a big challenge to her.
Sadly, she died of cancer.
david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:28 AM

In Australia we have, (And only last week) We have the be brave and shave for the Leukaemia foundation.
Thousands of people, Men Women Children line up to be shaved in public.
Some of the women wear wigs till the hair grows back. Bust most walk around Bald for a few weeks.
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2014, 11:38 AM

I saw a lot of my young nieces and friends from work doing it on FB all this week. I think its a great way of raising money for Cancer Research. In fact, today I saw they have made over two and a quarter million pounds since Tuesday when this started. I never wear makeup or slap as they call it
I did have a friend too who wouldn't be seen dead without any makeup on and I just couldn't understand it but she said to me Oh you look good in anything so why should you care. Friendly person
I saw from my pen pal in Perth, Oz that they were shaving their hair off. Anything that gets people interested in raising money is good Its better than the other stupid and dangerous craze of necking a bottle of gin or vodka all in one go and finding yourself dead the next morning. That's a dare no one should take.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top