Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
billclay
west Yorkshire
billclay is male  billclay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:41 PM

Are you happy with your locality

Only yesterday it was announced the the best place to live in this country was Skipton in North Yorkshire, about 30 mins.drive from where i live. the best place takes in to account friendliness, crime, schools, health sevices, ect. are you happy with your area.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:55 PM

Re: Are you happy with your locality

When you take into consideration we're living in a big city, where we are is a very nice area, not in the least posh but nice friendly helpful law abiding people on the whole.
I would sooner live in the country if I had a choice, but no way would the wife move, so as long as she's happy thats fair enough, who wants to live in the country, or anywhere for that matter, with a moaning wife.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 08:57 PM

It's not too bad where we live. Quiet and reasonably crime-free........at least we've not been involved with crime either as victim or perpetrator. There are plenty of picturesque villages and nice countryside around here.
Stella H
Lowestoft, Suffolk
Stella H is female  Stella H has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:01 PM

Skipton is a lovely little place. We stopped there on our way to my birthplace - Harrogate. I would love to live either in Skipton or in Haworth but, unfortunately left that area many years ago. Quite like it where I am though on the east coast.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:03 PM

Lovely, thank you! Beautiful village, close to several towns, not too far from cities. Friendly folk (mostly), nice sheep!

But, I would like to be nearer the sea...
Pats
Lincolnshire
Pats is female  Pats has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 09:35 PM

Very happy, we live in a thriving, busy, well sought after village, not far from market towns and the city, surrounded by countryside and withing easy striking distance to the sea.
Robert Junior
Chatterbox
UK
Robert Junior is male  Robert Junior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:03 PM

david
Hervey Bay Australia
david is male  david has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:16 PM

I live on a peninsula 20 miles from town. It's very quite, a few shops, mostly closed as not enough people to shop there.
Most people that come are passing through as the Barge to Fraser Island is at the end of the street.
We don't have a Pub or a club, nearest 20 miles away in town.
We don't have Bus or train or any type of transport. If your car breaks down you walk or maybe ride a pushy.
I live here on my own, A few animals to keep my company, No polluted air or smog to breath.
A bit like Paradise.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 10:29 PM

We have the best of both worlds, just close enough to civilisation, just far enough from civilization, a haven of tranquillity on the fringe, a great departure from where we used to reside.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2014, 11:52 PM

I live on the edge of a small town at the moment, which is handy for some things, but I was used to village life, and I loved it. I would go back tomorrow if I could.
Absolute perfection would be a village near the sea as well.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top