Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 09:21 PM

interview rejection

I received a letter yesterday informing me that "Further to your recent interview , I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you require feedback on why you were unsuccessful, please phone ****** .. we wish you luck blah blah blah

Very nice and polite standard letter of rejection ...but I suspect the company must be discriminating against me somehow..age ? , over qualified ? and had the was letter printed out ready to send, either that or they are just plain psychic, as this the first time i have been rejected for a job before the interview as the problem is I have NOT been interviewed for the job (yet) ,
I have applied to a job vacancy with them on-line a few weeks ago , But until now I have not heard anything, which is not unusual, as the ad did say if you dont hear you have not been selected for interview So did they get me mixed up with someone else , did they send me a invitation for a interview I never received, or has some one just cocked up ...I will find out tomorrow....Watch this space
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 10:13 PM

Re: interview rejection

How strange Steve , perhaps the vacancy has gone internally and they are not now interviewing ..
ukmartian
Ipswich uk
ukmartian is male  ukmartian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How strange Steve , perhaps the vacancy has gone internally and they are not now interviewing ..
why not just say that..or just ignore my application.....why send a letter saying I have not been successfull..... weird. ...at least instill have a interview for next week....I just hope I have got rid of this cough by then
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2014, 10:40 PM

Have you had this cough for more than three weeks?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 02:56 AM

Originally Posted by ukmartian ->
I received a letter yesterday informing me that "Further to your recent interview , I regret to inform you that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. If you require feedback on why you were unsuccessful, please phone ****** .. we wish you luck blah blah blah
There is a couple of things here. Firstly there are several culls the first being when the applications first arrived. Yours obviously didn't get past this stage (we have been into why this might be before)

The second thing is that that no business writes original letters any more, every paragraph is stored and appropriate paragraphs are added to a letter prior to mail merge. It just looks like someone grabbed the wrong para.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 09:03 AM

Doesn't give much confidence in the company
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 09:19 AM

Hi UK, not trying to be picky but just wondered if your CV needs re-doing.
I did my CV again and got a few interviews. I didn't put my age on it but
did put my past jobs etc and also what I could do.
The what you are capable has to be the prominent front page of the CV with your name of course. You have to make yourself interesting without giving all the game away in my mind. Good luck for future ones and I hope your cough goes soon.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

17-03-2014, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by BowieEyes ->
Hi UK, not trying to be picky but just wondered if your CV needs re-doing.
I did my CV again and got a few interviews. I didn't put my age on it but
did put my past jobs etc and also what I could do.
The what you are capable has to be the prominent front page of the CV with your name of course. You have to make yourself interesting without giving all the game away in my mind. Good luck for future ones and I hope your cough goes soon.
A few answers ....CV is all up to date...My was restructured when i got my Fork truck licences by a 3rd party company who give support to the unemployed about 4-6 weeks ago ..

The letter definitely states Interview....

I gusseted it may be a error , but then again it might be a test

The cough I have had since Xmas seeing doctor today ....again .....
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2014, 11:34 AM

Hi UK sorry you did not get an interview for that position and received that silly letter.

Companies now don't seem to send a letter out anymore to let you know that you have not been successful.

I am still waiting for a letter telling me that I have not been successful after I had three interviews and got down to the last two.

Best of luck for your future job hunting.
ukmartian
Ipswich uk

17-03-2014, 11:45 AM

I have spoken to the company and it was a mix up
I had been short listed internally for a poss interview ...The short list was then reviewed to a shorter short list ...that is where i came unstuck ....where i had very broad experience in the building industry , I did not have the specific knowledge on certain products they had in fact sent out the wrong letter...I did however have a very interesting conversation with the manager ...it turns out that he used to know my uncle and my father as they were in the building trade he also knew my cousin so we at least had a connection ...perhaps if something else comes along he might remember me .....

PS he also said , that they write to EVERY applicant and advise them accordingly ....not many companies do that anymore ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top