Join for free
stevmk2
Milton Keynes
stevmk2 is male  stevmk2 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 05:47 PM

Nice Day!

I sincerely hope that other members have had a fairly good day today.

I've had an exhausting day outside in the garden but oh the relief in being able to get on with all those things that needed doing without dodging rain, howling gales or bitter cold!

I even cleaned the car - took two goes due to the shear amount of accumulated muck on the poor thing!

I'm sitting here having a well-earned beer or three now and the sky's still wall-to-wall blue outside my window - luverly! stevmk2
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 05:53 PM

Re: Nice Day!

Ah that's good Steve, now you can relax, you should sleep well too !
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 06:01 PM

Been lovely here today too, been for a trundle (wheelchair got an outing) Mollie can't walk far so anyone seeing a woman in a wheel chair with a large retriever cross collie on her lap and a Chihuahua running beside the chair it was us
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 06:50 PM

The weather has not been kind in my neck of the woods but it has been a good day. I have been out for a little retail therapy with my daughter. It's not often that that I can trawl the high street shops and find myself nice, reasonably fashionable items of clothing but I got some silky, lightweight trousers and two tops to match, in preparation for Summer. Well you can live in hopes
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 06:54 PM

I like your optimism, mesco
It's been nice here for a few days now, but today there is a very cold wind. I've been gardening all week, and it is SUCH a relief to be able to get outdoors. The lawn is still too wet to mow, though...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 07:00 PM

I've had a nice day too

Worked a bit in the garden, cut the dried heads off the hydrangea, did some weeding. Then went to my daughter's for a short visit and sat in the garden with my granddaughter.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 07:02 PM

We did manage to get some gardening jobs done last Sunday and Monday but not been able to since.

I am optimistic about the <<<Summer>>> But if it fails to appear then my new purchases will come in handy for my holidays
oldbugger
Fondly Remembered
Moray Coast, Scotland.
oldbugger is male  oldbugger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 09:08 PM

I have been getting on with a lot of outdoor work today also and although it was cold and dull, no rain fell so thankful for small mercies I suppose.

I'm now relaxing with a whisky and a cigar and playing some 70s tunes on the turntable. I prefer 60s Rock n Roll usually, but it is nice to hear some of the songs that were playing when I was in my 20s and life seemed so trouble free and anything was possible... Those were the days, I thought they would never end.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2014, 11:16 PM

Originally Posted by oldbugger ->
I have been getting on with a lot of outdoor work today also and although it was cold and dull, no rain fell so thankful for small mercies I suppose.

I'm now relaxing with a whisky and a cigar and playing some 70s tunes on the turntable. I prefer 60s Rock n Roll usually, but it is nice to hear some of the songs that were playing when I was in my 20s and life seemed so trouble free and anything was possible... Those were the days, I thought they would never end.
So did Mary Hopkins, my friend.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top