Join for free
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 12:56 AM

Afternoon soap, doctors

I watched this, oh, years ago then lost interest, occasionally catching the odd episode, or part episode once in the proverbial blue moon. Then a while back caught a few episodes, or bits really where the Karen character appeared to have had a total personality transplant had gone blonde and was acting like a dippy hippy, then this afternoon she seemed to be 'almost' back to normal, except for the blonde hair. So what has been going on?
BowieEyes
Nottinghamshire, UK
BowieEyes is female  BowieEyes has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 08:03 AM

Re: Afternoon soap, doctors

.Its a long story Daisy. Its been weeks. What happened was that Karen
went out with her friend for a drink. She got sloshed and Rob came to pick her up. When he got in the car she went around the back of it and fell and the car backed and hit her head. She didn't want to go to hospital but next morning he found her unconscious in bed. Then there was weeks in hospital during which she woke up and couldn't remember anything apart from when she was 18 hence the Duran Duran music 1980's clothes . She hated Rob but is now
trying again with Rob who she cant remember neither the two kids she has with him.
Caught up with it yet
Glad she had her hair blonde as when she was looking horrible in bed no makeup hair a mess I thought yuk. She looks better now She is just getting her bits of memory back
This story has been running for over 2 months now and the hospital part went on for over 3 weeks.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 09:11 AM

Yep, that's it.

She has lodged with some of the staff, including Mandy and Al, now with Emma, as she won't believe Rob is her husband. She also slept with a man some time ago, who left her after that one time. She really thought she'd found someone.

She has had several episodes of remembering things from the past. Did you see the episode with just her and daughter Immie recently?
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 04:32 PM

To Jazzi, no, I have only caught the odd 'bits and pieces' of her odd behaviour. Have to say I did suspect some sort of brain injury.

So I am assuming that this visit to the Italian restaurant was with the mystery man? I am also assuming that as she recalls bits if her real life she is gradually forgetting the 'recent' one?

Some 14 years ago ('ecky thump that long ago) I was deputy manager at a residential facility for people with Acquired Brain Injuries, and there was one who was similarly stuck in the past, but his biggest problem was that he was unable to make new memories. The most frustrating part ( for us at least) was he could never remember havin eaten, so he would, for instance, sit at the breakfast table, eat his own food, forget he had done so, move around the table where there was a clean cereal bowl and start a again, it was a bit like the mad hatters tea party. In the end we found it easier to stand by him as he ate then move him into the lounge with a cuppa. Oh, and we ended up having to lock the kitchen after the evening meal as he would wander in and start cooking himself stuff but then wander off back to bed and forget leaving stuff to burn. Once the poor lamb put the electric kettle onto the gas burner and left it. That I believe was the catalyst for the locked door.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-03-2014, 08:28 PM

Originally Posted by daisymay ->
To Jazzi, no, I have only caught the odd 'bits and pieces' of her odd behaviour. Have to say I did suspect some sort of brain injury.

So I am assuming that this visit to the Italian restaurant was with the mystery man? I am also assuming that as she recalls bits if her real life she is gradually forgetting the 'recent' one?

Some 14 years ago ('ecky thump that long ago) I was deputy manager at a residential facility for people with Acquired Brain Injuries, and there was one who was similarly stuck in the past, but his biggest problem was that he was unable to make new memories. The most frustrating part ( for us at least) was he could never remember havin eaten, so he would, for instance, sit at the breakfast table, eat his own food, forget he had done so, move around the table where there was a clean cereal bowl and start a again, it was a bit like the mad hatters tea party. In the end we found it easier to stand by him as he ate then move him into the lounge with a cuppa. Oh, and we ended up having to lock the kitchen after the evening meal as he would wander in and start cooking himself stuff but then wander off back to bed and forget leaving stuff to burn. Once the poor lamb put the electric kettle onto the gas burner and left it. That I believe was the catalyst for the locked door.
That is such a shame.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top