Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 02:02 PM

Impressive service!

I have been with the same internet supplier for several years. They are not the cheapest but are probably toward the lower end of the price range. You don't expect much service or help down that end of the market but this mob are brilliant.

When they connected me to the NBN and I decided (for reasons discussed elsewhere) to get rid of my landline and port my old number (which I had had for over 35 years) to a VOIP line.

My NBN was connected a couple of weeks ago and on Tuesday I received email to say that my number had been prised from Telstra's grubby hands and my VOIP was ready with details including the password for its connection. This is the set up in my router - you can see it is technical gobbledy gook so I just followed instructions..

But it didn't work!!! I checked and double checked everything before I went into their forum to ask if anybody had an idea what might be wrong. Within half an hour the company's VOIP wizard replied saying that the problem was caused by a space at the end of the phone number (I cut and pasted it from their email) but of course a space doesn't show up.

I was pretty impressed with that service but wait, there's more - about an hour later I received a message from this same guy suggesting changes to fine tune the set up which would make a much better quality connection - available because I was on a fast fibre link. I didn't ask for this and I was happy with the connection as it was but this unsolicited advice I thought was above an beyond the call of duty.

Now that is the sort of service you don't even get from the market leaders never mind the small budget ISP end of the market. I have always been pleased with their service but this doubly impressed me.

Have you ever had service like this that really impressed you particularly because it was from a budget priced service?
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-03-2014, 02:19 PM

Re: Impressive service!

I like the idea of the thread Bruce - may pick up some useful info !
Pleased all worked out for you .....

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top