Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales
northwalessenior is male  northwalessenior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 07:39 PM

Heaven On Earth

I think we've found our heaven on earth. For the past six years, we've been spending more and more time in The USA, mostly in Tennessee but three years ago we went to Florida. No not Disneyland. We found a small rental property in Titusville on the shores of the Indian River lagoon, right opposite Cape Canaveral space port. It's 15 paces from fabulous fishing and 15 minutes from Playalinda naturist beach. Now we spend 3 months of every year there. Anyone else found their heaven on earth?
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:08 PM

Re: Heaven On Earth

An American was visiting Scotland and dropped into a small kirk. He was suprrized to see a red telephone and a notice "direct line to heaven - all calls 5p." Intrigued, he asked the minister why it was so cheap and was told "Well, that's because it's only a local call" !

I've visited a number of US states, but didn't care for the part of Florida that I saw (Miami and north to Fort Luderdale area). I'd like to spend more time in Germany in the Rhine & Mosel valleys.
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales
northwalessenior is male  northwalessenior has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:14 PM

Florida is like anywhere else George. A city is a city, just the accent changes. We've also visited several states over there but prefer South of the Mason Dixon line. We try to avoid the tourist traps and find the true Southern hospitality. We have a friend over there who summed it up perfectly. South of the line, you have hospitality, go North and you've got attitude. The South will rise again
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:29 PM

I'm very happy with my bit of earth, thanks. It's peaceful and our haven from the world and all its' troubles.
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales

08-03-2014, 09:37 PM

Same here but it's nice to have two heavens. I wrote this when we moved into our new flat.
OUR LITTLE NEST

In all of my lifetime I never thought I would be
In a small piece of heaven called Nyth Bach Ni
A haven of peace free from life's wear and tear
And a beautiful love bird who waits for me there
A shelter to protect me from the storms of this life
A warm peaceful harbour and a sweet loving wife
That welcoming green door thats leads me to bliss
I never knew life could be as perfect as this

Nyth Bach Ni is Welsh for our little nest
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:41 PM

A lovely poem Mike, straight from the heart by the sound of it
northwalessenior
Bangor North Wales

08-03-2014, 09:44 PM

It is. It took me 60 years to find my 'beautiful lovebird' and 'sweet loving wife'
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Anyone else found their heaven on earth?
A little cottage by the sea in Pembrokeshire where I can sit on the side of the beach in the late evening and see dolphins swimming past and hear the waves as I go to sleep .
I hope to go back there one day..
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK

08-03-2014, 10:00 PM

Sounds lovely Meg
I hope you do get back there.
Grumblewagon
Aberdeenshire
Grumblewagon is male  Grumblewagon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-03-2014, 10:04 PM

Some years ago, we went as a family to the US, hired a cadillac and travelled across the northern states, largely avoiding the tourist spots. It was great - we were treated to great friendliness by the locals who didn't get a lot of tourists from across the pond.

Most of my work time in the states was spent in Minnesota and Rhode Island. I enjoyed both, but I preferred the two years that I lived & worked in Germany.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top